Chapter 9: I Love Him!

Nandani's POV
We went in to the dhabha along the roadside when I saw a flyer lying on the table. It was him, Adit, Adit Vansil....the person who made me the way I am. It's been 7 years since I last saw him in high school. I knew he had become a singer through Instagram and Facebook and now he is coming to Mumbai to perform live in a night club. Do I want to see him? Should I go? But what if he saw me, it would be so embarrassing! Would he even remember me?

"Nandani...what happened? What's in the flyer?" Manik asked as I was shocked. I had forgotten I was here.

"Nothing...there is nothing in the flyer!" I said. I crumbled the flyer but couldn't throw it. Without letting Manik know, I kept the flyer in my purse.

"Food's here! Let's hurry and get home. It's getting late!" Manik said and I agreed.

I couldn't sleep the whole night. Did I want to see him again, should I see him again? What did I want? "Good Morning!" Manik said and I sat up on the bed.

"Good morning!" I said.

"You look so tired? Didn't you sleep properly?" He asked while heading to the washroom.

"I slept well!" I said. He looked at my face for a while but then went to the bathroom. I don't know why it feels like Manik knows what I want! He knows what's going in my head...but how? Everyone has always believed the words I said, then why does Manik never believe me?

"You are still in the same position as before....can you tell me what's worrying you. I can help as a friend right!" He asked as he walked out after taking a shower. Should I tell him about Adit? Should I tell him that it was Adit who had affected me so much and because of him I will never be able to love anyone else again. Would he understand my stupid feelings or will he also mock it as my friends did in high school? "Nandani, you keep zoning out? Are you feeling okay?" He asked as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Can I tell you at night...please." I asked and he agreed. I had to prepare myself to tell Manik this, but why was I even going to tell him.

Manik's POV
I packed up early today and waited for the clock to hit 6 so that I could go home and talk to Nandani. She looked really disturbed. I was a little happy that she decided to share something with me. Till now she has barely told me anything about herself. I drove the car and reached home by 7. Before entering the house, I calmed myself down first and went it acting all casual. "Hi..." I said but she looked terrified seeing me.

"Hi..." She weakly replied. "I will set the table for dinner." She said and almost walked out of the room but I stopped her. I held her hand and she shivered.

"What's wrong? You said you wanted to talk about something?" I asked.

"Woh...I...I don't think I can share it with you." She said and it pricked my heart once again.

"I thought you had trusted me for once....but it's cool." I said trying hard not to sound disappointed. Without looking at her, I let her hand go and went into the room.

I heard the door close and turned to look at the door but got surprised to find her still standing there. She looked at me for few seconds and I saw tears roll down her cheeks. This was the first time I was seeing her weaker side. Something must have been really wrong. I walked towards her to wipe her tears but stopped. I stopped because I don't think I was allowed to, so I took an handkerchief out and gave it to her. "It's fine, you don't have to tell me!" I said.

"He is here..!" She said. I was confused.

"Who?" I asked.

"The guy...that I...because of whom I am stuck in life is coming to Mumbai." She said breaking my heart even more. "We were in the same high school....I had a crush on him, but eventually it lasted for a really long time." She said further while I just stood there with my broken heart.

"Why...why did you guys break up?" I asked trying to sound calm.

"We....we never really broke up...I mean, we never really dated!" She said but it confused me even more.

"So then you never told him about your feelings?" I asked.

"I had never spoken to him, ever. Every time I tried, I just couldn't. Well...the thing is...I had this piece of paper which had my feelings written on it. My friends tricked me and the letter somehow reached to his friends. They showed it to him and he just...he just laughed about it.....joked about it....insulted it! " She explained but I couldn't understand it.

I chuckled at it being frustrated. "So you are saying that you loved a guy through out your high school and never really spoke to him...NEVER?" I asked again to confirm. She shook her head in agreement and I burst into laughter. "Are you mad? You call that love? You guys were never together....never even spoke to each other? Is that love??" I asked while she looked at me in a shock.

"Yeah...I liked everything about him but I knew that we weren't meant to be...so I just watched him from afar and wished happiness for him. Maybe it's not love but his words are still in my heart?" She said very confidently. I couldn't believe her...I don't think I have ever heard anything so stupid in my life. How...how can she call whatever this is something close to love?

"So now that he is here, you want to leave and go to him?" I asked fearing the reply she would give.

"No...I mean...I...I don't know what I want!...I saw the flyer and I...I just want to see him so that...." She said. I was scared, I felt threaten...was this going to be the end of us? What on earth just happened? What am I supposed to do at this moment? "Will you help me?" She asked.

"Help?" I managed to utter.

"Can you help me become someone worth falling in love with? Can you help me become a confident......, beautiful......, smart....., attractive girl? Can you help me become someone he would notice?" She asked. The first girl I ever loved, is asking me to help her get her love. Can the situation get any funnier than this?

I couldn't really find any words so I just shook my head and smiled at her showing my agreement. She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you...thank you...thank you so much Manik." She whispered in excitement while I stood there, lifelessly with my broken heart breaking even more.

"Tell me the lucky guy's name at least." I said as she broke the hug.

"Adit Vansil." She said smiling her heart out. I too smiled seeing her happy. Just his name was able to make her so happy, the happiness that my name would probably never give her . "Let's go have dinner now." She asked.

"Yeah....I will take a shower first! You go ahead have dinner." I said.

"No I will wait for you." She said.

I took my clothes and locked myself into the shower before the tears could make me weaker. The freezing cold water was not able cool the blazing fire in my heart, my head, my body or my soul. I wanted to scream the pain out loud, I wanted to breath away from this suffocation but I couldn't. I couldn't because she needed my help, because I agreed to help. What if they want to be together? What if she left...she left me all alone?

Past becoming present....Nandani's story, what's your take on it? Do you guys think it's stupid or do you think she loves Adit? Manik agreed to help but will he be able to help her till the end or will he try to break them up? Do answer these questions and share your views on this update.