Chapter 18: Swayed Emotions!

Manik's POV

I quietly escaped the party with drunk Nandani. The drunk version of her is.....crazy! She just does-not-stop-crying!!!

"I....I..." sobbing....sobbing....! "Killed an ant. How could I step on that poor little thing!" She said while sobbing like a little baby.

"Please stop crying Nandani....you didn't do it intentionally! I have also killed so many ants." I said trying to pacify her. Oh God! What was I saying?

"You are a murder!!" She said with angry and started sobbing even harder. I was trying to get home as fast as I could because I am very sure she was going to puke the alcohol out soon. Hope it doesn't become a mess in the car itself. I really love this car!

"Manik, I feel so weird.....it's like a tsunami is about to erupt from my mouth!" She said while tears fell out of her eyes.

"Just hold onto it....we are almost there!" I said as I stopped the car in the middle of the entrance and got out to get Nandani. She was far away from walking in that state so in a swift motion I carried her in my arms and took her to our room upstairs. I was out of breath by the time I took her to the washroom, however I just made it in time. As I caught my breath, I peeked into the washroom to see her sitting down and puking into the toilet. Oh god, her hair was all over the place. I quickly ran to her hold back her hair before she messed them up and patted her back to ensure her I was around. She was out of strength as she washed her face. I made her sit on the bed and took the towel of her hands. "I will do it." I said while she looked at me with the puppy face of hers.

I untied her hair and wiped off the water droplets dripping down her face with the towel. Her gaze was melting my heart little by little. It felt like there was so much in her eyes, yet they remained blank to me. If only I had the key to the encryption she has had, maybe things could have been different. And yet the only thing that I could do was to let go, because sometimes holding onto things is more painful. Ignoring the gaze, I took her feet and placed them onto the bed and indicated her to sleep but she held my hand and made me look at her.

"I don't know how to kiss but....." She said and placed her lips onto mine. I was shocked with her sudden action but she had broken all the control I had held within. " ...I just wanted to kiss you." She said as a lone tear fell out of her eye. For once it felt like she was calling out for me not because she wanted my help but because she needed me. This moment was perhaps not even mine yet I wanted to consume myself into it as if there was no tomorrow. There was nothing right or wrong for me at this moment. It was only Nandani for me. I placed my left hand on her cheek and right behind her head and pulled her in to meet with my desperate lips that have been craving for her's since the day I fell in love with her.

It carried all the love, all the pain and all the hurt that she had made me feel all this while. I had realized how carried away I had gotten when she lost her consciousness and fell into sleep onto my palm due to all the alcohol. This is what I was afraid off, what if I crossed all the barriers to make her mine. What if I became a monster to her. How could I not gain control over myself and take advantage of the person I loved in this drunken state! What if she misunderstands me when she wakes up? I quickly put her to sleep and went out for a walk as sleep was far away from me.

Nandani's POV

I could faintly hear some nosies which I guess was by Manik. With all the strength remaining in me I forced my eyes open and sat up supporting my back to the headboard. "Where are you going Manik?" I asked as I saw him packing his clothes in a suitcase. Despite all my efforts, I could barely keep my head raised to look at his face.

"Actually, we got the deal yesterday! And for that, today I will have to leave for Rajasthan to attend few seminars related to this project. It's just formalities but I will have to go for two days!" He explained as he zipped his suitcase.

"But you promised to come with me...." I said as I remembered that the Savitri Pooja event is also in two days.

"Don't worry....I figured it must be the Pooja event that mom always tells me to attend which you had asked for me to attend. It's in the evening but I will be here around lunch time." He said. I wondered how he figured it out. "Drink that black tea besides your bed, it will help you with the hangover." He said.

I was so embarrassed, what must he think about me! "I just had a glass but....maybe cause it was my first time." I said dying from embarrassment. But I felt a bit better hearing him laugh.

"Don't worry, someone must have pulled a prank and spiked your drink. They pull those prank on whoever is new to the group." He said. Just then I remember what had happened last night. All those things that they had said were true but it made me sad. "By the way Nandani, do you...by any chance remember what you did when you were drunk?" He asked hesitantly.

"No...! Not a thing after I finished the glass." I confessed truthfully. "Did I do something unusual? I don't know how the drunk version of me is." I said.

"Your drunk version is a cry baby! You were crying over a dead ant!" He said while teasing me. How embarrassing! "Anyways....I will get going now! You take care."

"I will come!" I said but he denied.

"Don't, it's okay! I suggest you take a long shower and get rid of your hangover." He said and left. Why was he in such a good mood?

During the entire shower only the thoughts of last night popped in my head. Did I really deserve to be Manik's wife! I mean, it's not that I don't like being a housewife but I also had few dreams and ambitions before I lost myself. This really isn't me! I wish I could start all over with Manik again. Maybe then, things would have been different that way. Maybe I would have made a place in his heart if I was something myself. Right now, I am just a broken glass that's constantly hurting Manik. Besides, I am the major barrier between him and Aaliya!

I looked in the mirror but failed to look at myself in the eyes. After dressing myself up, I went downstairs to find mom preparing for the pooja. "Nandani, come here. So these are the prasads that I have listed to be done and this is the menu after breaking the fast. What do you think?" She asked being seriously involved in the planning. I guess it really meant a lot for her.

"It's all great mom, but can you include paneer jalebi as well. I really like it and it would be great if I could have it after fasting all day." I said.

"So you are going to fast for Manik?" She said being the happiest mother on this planet and I nodded to increase her happiness even more. "I am so happy beta. This deal itself is a very big step for Manik! If things work out, then our business would be included in the top 5 list in India. This is all because of you, before you entered his life, he barely went to the office and look at it now! I am glad we got you as the daughter-in-law of this house." She said as always giving me the credit to his success while I had played no role in it.

"Don't worry mom, I will pray for his success." I said. My feelings for Manik got even clearer to me the moment I had decided to fast for him. Despite not believing too much in all this, I wanted to do it....FOR HIM!

But was I not being a hurdle in his life?

How was today's update? Nandani's feelings are changing but will Manik notice. Do comment your thoughts below.