Chapter1: Are you happy?

"Manik I asked you to take Nandani alone, not your friends as well." Nyonika scolded Manik.

"Mom they were insisting on seeing Nandani and spending sometime with her so why not this trip. And Nandani has no problem with it, in fact she sounds excited." Manik convinced her.

"Manik....everything is fine right?" Nyonika asked Manik sensing some uneasiness.

"What is wrong? We are both happy about this trip, then what problem can there be?" Manik said smiling. Nyonika cupped his face with her right hand and left without saying anything. Manik took a deep breath as he managed the situation.

"I am still not going with you..." Nandani said it loud and clear to Manik who was busy packing as they were about to leave in few hours.

"Listen, I have asked my friends to accompany us to Goa. We won't be alone...so don't worry. And you can ask your friends to come to if you want." Manik said calmly packing his bag.

"Oh wow, now you asked your friends to accompany too...that means we have to pretend in front of them to. This is all your plan..." Nandani argued again with Manik.

Manik left his clothes in anger and went out, but stopped. "Pack your bags, we are leaving in few hours. My friends will be coming now. And remember not to create any scene in front of them, they mean way more than friends to me." Manik warned her calmly and left.

Nandani got even more frustrated as things were not going according to her. She helplessly started packing her clothes for the trip.

In few minutes all of Manik's friends arrived at his house and marched into his room. Manik was shocked at their sudden entrance and Nandani felt awkward seeing a bunch of people enter, who she had no clue about.

"Saale...where were you?" Cabir asked as he hugged Manik.

Manik avoided the question and hugged the rest of them. "Okay so guys meet her, my.....wife, Nandani. And Nandani, these are my friends. Cabir, Dhruv, Aaliya,Mukti and Navya." Manik introduced them.

"Hello." Nandani said being as nice as she could be.

"Nandani, what magic have you done on Manik that he no longer cares for his friends either." Aaliya asked Nandani.

Nandani was confused at her tone and her smile as they did not go well together. "Areee....Aaliya, Manik is married now so obviously he has to divide his time." Cabir said trying to break the awkwardness. "And we will talk about all this later, right now let's get going. We will get late." Cabir said noticing the fear creeping onto Manik's face.

"Yeah let's go." Dhruv said.

Nandani was struggling with her luggage and Manik noticed so went to help her. Manik tried to carry her bag from her hand and slightly touched her hand by mistake. "Stop looking for ways to touch me!" Nandani whispered angrily into Manik's ears.

Manik left her struggling and went ignoring her.

"Manik, how can you be so irresponsible. Help your wife!" Cabir said as he saw Nandani carrying her bags down the stairs while Manik was arranging all bags into their car.

"Cabir, one thing I like about Nandani is that she is capable of doing everything on her own...SHE DOESN'T NEED ANYONE..!!" Manik said it loud enough so that it could be heard by Nandani. Cabir sensed the hidden tension between Manik and Nandani but kept quite.

"And you know Cabir, one think I like about Manik is that he is VERY SUPPORTIVE in whatever I WANT." Nandani too taunted while handing her bag to Cabir. Cabir noticed that the problem was two way.