Chapter 6: Was it an act?

Manik's POV
"Manik....why so happy?" Cabir asked. I looked around and saw the girls in the kitchen, while the Dhruv was in the boys room. Leaving me and him alone. I had zoned out completely.

"What...? What happy? I am always happy!" I said trying to avoid his question as always.

"Hmmm.....you are always happy right?" He said it sarcastically.

"Coffee..." Navya came suddenly followed by the other girls and they settled down on the couch.

"Navya you know, the best phase of our relationship was when I was falling for you. I fought a lot with myself but eventually lost to my heart. It took me longer to accept my feelings to myself then telling you about it." Cabir out of no where began talking about love and all.

"Awww...you guys are too cute. Since college, you guys were the perfect K3G couple." Mukti said adoring their love which made Navya blush.

"Nandani, what is love for you?" Dhruv asked as he came out of the room.

I waited patiently. For some reason, I wanted to also know the answer to it. "Well for me love only happens for once. Once your heart choses the person, he stays in there forever." She said smiling to herself. It pricked my heart.....not a lot, just a little.

"You are lucky Manik!" Dhruv said and I chuckled to it avoiding everyone's sight. That was perhaps the joke of the year.

"Phone...! I am getting a call, will just be back." I said and left the place.

I stared at the ocean aimlessly, feeling so much yet nothing. I wanted answers for questions which even I didn't know. It felt suffocating even in this fresh breeze.

"If you feel it, accept it. It will clear the uneasiness in you." Cabir said as he had followed behind me.

"Cabir please yaar...not now. I just want to get lost in this silence." I said seating on the bench.

He sat besides me and spoke, "Okay fine....just one last time. I want no answer to it, just think about it. Find the answer for yourself to whatever I am going to say now and don't stop me.....You feel for Nandani, you care for Nandani, you love Nandani! You want to give a chance to this relationship of yours. She might not feel the same, but she is trying to open up to you. Maybe if you put the extra effort, she too will feel for you. Friendship is the first step to love and she had willing taken it. What if she wants this to work out to?" Cabir said while I just stared at the waves hitting the sores.

Do I feel for Nandani?

Do I care for Nandani?

Do I love Nandani?

Do I want to give this relationship a chance?

Does she want 'US' to work out?

Give me one indication, one sign, one hint and I will get all my answers.

Nandani's POV
All the girl had slept and so did the boys, I stayed back wanting to finish watching the movie we had started and realised that Manik was still missing. He went out but did not come back in. I walked out to find Manik just sitting on the beach, almost lifelessly.

"Manik." I called out but he didn't hear though I was loud enough. "Manik." I called out again but he didn't respond. I walked to him and stood in front of him and called out his name but got no response. What was he thinking so much about? I walked closer and patted a little on his shoulder.

"I do!!" He said looking at me still being lost into something.

"What?" I asked. He looked at me for few seconds and then suddenly came back to being himself.

"What what...nothing. It's so chilled out here, what are you doing here?" Suddenly he got up and asked me this?

"Manik you have been here since the past three hours, everyone has slept and you are saying this?" I asked being surprised at his behaviour.

"You haven't slept." Manik mumbled and smiled to himself. Though I wasn't sure of what he had said clearly. "Let's go!" He said and we went in. Why is he behaving so weird?

Manik's POV
It was a beautiful morning, perhaps the best one in a very long time. I felt energetic, empowered and mostly happy, very very happy. I saw Cabir and Dhruv sleeping peacefully but I wanted to have my share of fun. I went in the bathroom, got a bucket full cold cold water and splashed it on them.

"Fuck..!"

"What the hell!"

Was their reactions and they looked around to find the source, while I just laughed. They realised it was me and took no second to chase me around. We ran around the house like teenagers, mocking and teasing each other. All the girls too came out and I froze right in front of Nandani. She looked beautiful today, well everyday but today was special. Her eyes were drowning me into the pool of deep emotions. There was so much I wanted to tell her, so much I wanted to hear but I had to keep my patience, a lot of patiences.

"Got you."Cabir and Dhruv said as they held me from the back.

"Now our turn." Cabir said. They both pulled me to the swimming pool behind the house and without showing any mercy, they threw me into it.

"Cabir!"

"Dhruv!" Aaliya and Nandani screamed at the same time.

"What?" Cabir said looking at them while I held his legs and pulled him in.

"Saale....." Cabir screamed but surprisingly he hugged me. "I am glad you are back!" He whispered into my ear. I felt blessed to have him around, it added more to my happiness that I mattered to him.

"Come out now. You guys are so immature! Both of you are married for god sake." Navya screamed at us while we all just ended up laughing. Nandani to smiled, her smile was everything I wanted to see on her face, no matter what!

We both got out of the pool and went to have a quick shower. Cabir went in the boy's room bathroom while I went in the girl's room. I took a little longer for a quick shower but was done and wearing my clothes when I heard Cabir's voice. "Nandani, can I have a talk with you?"

"Sure. Say." Nandani said.

But what got my attention was when Cabir said, "Manik can hear, come out." He whispered and perhaps they walked out of the room.

What was the matter between MY friend and MY wife, who barely knew each other few days ago already have something to hide from me. I too, sneakingly followed them and stood at distance to hear their on going conversation.

"I wanted to say thank you."

"Thank you? Thank you for what?"

"Well, I am glad you tried giving a chance to Manik. You become friends on my request. Thank you for doing this for me."

"Manik." Dhruv called out and I quickly moved away and pretended to do something.

Nandani's POV
"Have you seen Manik?" Cabir came and asked.

"No...why?" I said.

"I saw the car going out and it came back just now with a driver. Manik isn't there." Cabir said and I was surprised. Just then his phone beeped. "Urgent office work, going back to Mumbai. You guys have fun!" Cabir read the text and was confused.

I was angry! How could he just leave me here like this? He could have asked or at least told me before leaving. How can he forget that these are his friends whom I am not even comfortable with and leave me here!!!!

What just happened? What was Manik's answer to Cabir's questions? What happened to Manik, why did he leave like this? How was the update guys? Do share your views and opinions :)