Chapter 8: Manik, calm down!

Manik's POV
As I got out of the car and walked towards the house, I spotted a red rose and a yellow rose in our garden. It was Valentine's Day today...how I wish I could give Nandani a red rose but let's start with the yellow first. Yellow, for friendship that we need to have to spend the whole life together! By the time I had reached to our room, she seemed to have fallen asleep on the couch. I placed the rose on a table in front of her and wished her a Happy Valentine's Day. Slowly sleep took over me and yet another day ended.

The morning rays disturbed my sleep and I woke up. As I opened my eyes, I found Nandani staring at me with a cup of tea in her one hand and a magazine in another. "What?" I asked.

"You know normal people usually say good morning first." She said.

"Well normal people don't stare at someone waking up from sleep either!" I said as I sat upright and leaned my back on the headboard.

"Since you are not normal, I have to observe your mood first and then prepare myself for the day. If you are grumpy and angry then I will put my fighting mode on cause you get all cranky. And if your mood was okay, then I would ask you if you want coffee or tea for breakfast." She said very confidently.

I chuckled at her words. "Coffee please!" I said and got up to use the washroom when my eyes fell inside the little dustbin by the dressing table. "Rose..." I said it out loud and Nandani heard me.

"Oh that...! It was lying on the floor so I threw it in the bin. Was it yours? I am sorry if..." She said apologetically.

"No...no! What would I do with a rose." I said and stormed into the bathroom. It's going to take longer then I think for us to build this relationship. Sorry to all the girls who gave me gifts and I didn't care about. Now I know how much it hurts.

Nandani's POV
Spending the whole day in the house doing nothing is so tiring. Though it's not something that I don't know about. Even before this marriage, I somehow spent my life like this. But thanks to this balcony here, it helps me pass my time. It was almost 6:00 pm, Manik and dad must be returning home soon.

"You like to see the sunset or is it that you just stare at absolutely nothing." Manik said as he came and sat next to me on the the couch.

I laughed at it first and then responded it. "To be honest, I just at stare anything in front of my eyes. It helps me to stop thinking too much for a while." I said.

"What do you think about?" He asked but I don't think I was ready to share anything with anyone at this moment.

"Stuff that I shouldn't be thinking about..." I said. Manik seemed to have gotten the hint of me not wanting to talk about the matter so he changed the topic.

"Cabir and the others are going to a night club tonight...you want to come along?" He asked being so nervous about something which I couldn't figure out.

"No....what would I do there? I don't go to such places. Besides mom wouldn't like it too I guess. And people who visit there are not all good either." I said and went into the room.

"Why are you lying?" He asked me and I turned around while he lay on the bed showing me his smirk as if he knew what I really wanted.

"I am not..." I said and opened my cupboard to distract myself.

Before I could realize, he closed and blocked me between him and the cupboard. "I can easily figure out when one is lying, I did psychology in college. Now tell me what's stopping you? If it's mom then don't worry about, she doesn't care about all this." He said.

More then his closeness, his eye contact made me uncomfortable. I got out from the trap and took a deep breath first and then faced him. "Yeah, I want to go but I am scared. I have never been to such places and I don't even know how to behave there. You will be with your friends but what will I do there alone? Besides I don't even have such clothes." I confessed honestly. It was a fact that I can't easily blend into people or such fancy places. It never was my thing.