Chapter 15: Reached our End!

Nandani's POV

"God bless you beta! I am going to miss you so much. You better return quickly or else I won't talk to you." Manik's mom said as I was ready to leave the house with my bags.

"Awww....mom, I will try my best. But it depends on Manik for how long I stay there." I sugar coated the words which were as true as I had felt. But Manik's parents didn't deserve it so a smile was much needed.

"Nandani, I know how messed up Manik is. His actions don't match his words, neither does he know how to express himself. But beta, Manik's heart is very pure and sensitive. To people it might seems as a good thing but actually it's not, because he doesn't know how to handle it. If you are leaving because Manik hurt you then...." Mom said but it wasn't true.

"No mom, it isn't true! Manik can never do anything that isn't right for me or something that will hurt me. In fact, he has always handled me as if I was made of glass. At times, he takes care of me in such a way that I feel that I might end up hurting him. I don't know if I could ever explain the relationship that we share in words. Manik is someone who has filled my life with colours, actually someone who has given all the colours of his life to me. Manik is just...." I didn't realize I had tears dropping out of eye until Manik's mom wiped it off my cheeks.

"It's okay beta, you don't have to explain. Your tears are showing how much you love Manik." She said. I wish I could tell her the truth.

"Are you ready Nandani?" I heard a voice coming from the door which was none other than Manik's.

"See....I knew it. I knew Manik would make sure he dropped you. I am happy to see your relationship blooming so beautifully. Now leave before I don't let you go." She said and Manik carried the bags. Manik was here, he came! I smiled as I thought about it.

Manik's POV

Those words that she said were merely just words for her, no strings attached. Still like an idiot I wanted to give her a last chance or perhaps to myself that at least once she would hold onto me and not that Adit! Just once she tells me that she doesn't want to leave, just once.

Nandani's POV

Manik, is everything okay? You don't seem to look happy! I am even giving you the space that you had asked for, but why have you become a stranger. I really want to ask him that, only if I had the right to. This silence is killing me....let me turn on the radio.

"Jab kisi taraf dil jhukne lage....baat aa kar zubaan tak rukne lage...." And Manik changed the FM.

"Lambi judaai....char dina da pyaar oo rabba....badi lambi judaai...." He changed the FM again.

"Tumko jo pyaar kiya maine to saza mein paayi tanhaai......tanhaai, milon hai phaili hui tanhaai..." He switched off the radio.

"Lets not listen to songs." He said being all awkward but I did not understand a thing.

"At least you said something!" I said and he looked at me all puzzled. "For a moment I though I was alone in this car." I continued in disappointment.

"I was concentrating on driving so I....." Manik said avoiding my gaze. "Anyways, we have reached our end!" He said normally while my heart dropped. I looked at him confused while he just spoke, "What!! We have reached your house!" Is that all he meant or am I thinking too much!

"Oh." I said as I steped out of the car.

"So, I will leave now!" He said as he got the bag out of the car and handed it to me.

"Aaaaa...you won't come in?" I said. My parents would feel so bad if their son-in-law came all the way here and did not see them. So would I!

"Some other time, I am getting late for office." He said and was getting into the car while I held his hand in annoyance.

"If you were getting late then why did you come to drop me?" I asked in frustration.

He jerked off my hand and chuckled, "I thought we were not allowed to question each other, why are you behaving like this?" His words were just piercing through my heart more and more.

"Why am I behaving like this!! Manik what's wrong with you?? Why are you behaving like this with me!!?? There is something I really want to tell you but you won't even spare me a second!" I said in disbelieve.

Manik's POV

I held onto her shoulders and pulled her closer to me in anger. She was making it more difficult for me to let go. "What!! What do you want to tell me? About you and Adit?! Why should I listen? Why should I care about you too! Why!!" I almost vented out the jealousy I felt but let go her as I was hurting her and looked away. "I don't want to get involved in your matters anymore. They are just waste of time for me." I said trying to sound as little mean as possible.

I heard her give out a chuckle in disbelief at my words and said, "You should have told me before, I wouldn't have troubled you or wasted your 'precious time.' I am sorry. Hope you have a wonderful time now that I am away. Bye!" She said and was walking past me but I held her hand.

Don't go....Please don't go. If you leave this time, it might just be the last chance we could get for ourselves. This might just be the last time I can see you! Just tell me once not to let go....I really wanted to say this to Nandani but I held it in and faced her back. "If...," my voice cracked a bit but I got my grip and continued, "If mom calls, just handle the situation for a while till I figure out everything. I think she got the hint that things are not good between us.....Take care!" I summed up my farewell into two words, 'take care', and left.

Nandani's POV

'Take care', after being so mean, he said take care! Tears roll down as I hear the car disappear behind me. I wipe them off and head inside the house.

"Nandani!!" Mom said in excitement but got worried when she saw the bag in my hand. Dad followed when he said mom. "Did you fight with Manik?" She said.

"Yeah!" I said and she held her breath for moment in fear. "I fought with him to come here....It has been so long since I had visited you guys. So I came here to stay for few days." I said with a smile and they relaxed.

"This is good...but did you come alone? Didn't Manik come to drop you?" Dad asked.

"He did come to drop me but he was getting so late for work so I told him to come visit later." I said.

"Of course, he will keep coming to see you since this is the first time you are away from him after your marriage." Dad teased.

"You came at the right moment, I made your favourite biryani for lunch. Lets go eat." Mom said and I went running to kitchen. It was really tasty.

"Hmmm....Manik would really love this." I said as I tasted. But thinking about him suddenly made me sad.

"Are you missing Manik already? It has not even been 20 mins till you came." Mom teased.

"Oh come on, he is a total foodie so I thought he would really like...." I said but mom cut me off.

"Yeah yeah yeah....you don't need to give explanation, I can see it on your face. Just eat!!" Mom said. What can she see on my face?

I can't even recall how fast the day passed with my parents. They are still so much worried about me but I am glad they are getting better with me not being there anymore. They also kept asking about Manik but there was nothing bad about him that I could complain. But the night felt lonely. Did Manik get home from office? Did he have his dinner? Is he sleeping now? Did he....by any chance miss me? Should I call him? But we fought! I think it was my fault....he was right, why would my problems affect him? Why was I being so emotional at that moment? I shouldn't have behaved like that! But even he could have called! Why would he call me, it not like I am his wife that he can't live without! Stop thinking and just sleep!

Ahhhh......why can't I sleep??