Chapter 6: Keep on Running!

I cant believe this is happening to me! I always screw up everyone else's lives... Gavin talked about how close him and River are and I was ruining it for them. That was the only reason I'm running.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Moana Pov:

Once I was out of the house I ran by a couple of pack members who growled at me. I stumbled a little over the gravel that was cutting my feat. I was coming to the front of the property where a couple of guys were sitting and stared at me like they had been waiting for me to come by. I looked up at them and I felt sharp pain fill the right side of my body. They were throwing rocks at me and with a little of there wolf strength because those rocks made me start to fall.

One hit me right in my back and that's when the tears started poring down my face. I made it out the gate and I was out of their range. I knew for sure not to look back, and I didn't.

If I keep running down the road I will make it into town in about 15 minutes. But I made it there in 5 minutes with some of my werewolf speed.

I finally stopped running and my body felt like I had been running and dragging two grown elephants and it was just because my emotions were over powering me and my wolfs pride and self respect was beginning to fade all over again!

I was close to a coffee shop but my feet decided to give way and I feel to the floor. My ankle hit the ground hard and I knew it was probably twisted. I yelped in pain. I tried sitting up but saw some blood on my stomach and hands. The blood flooded my nose and was suffocating me and as usual the blood made me faint. Before I was completely out I heard a shrill scream...

___________________________________________________________________________

River:

I was sitting in my office with Gavin. He had a bandage on his upper lip and was staring at me.

"What?!!" I yelled at him

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"HURT HER!?" He stood up trying to intimidate me.

"Gavin you are the Beta and I. AM. THE. ALPHA!! YOU WILL SHOW ME RESPECT!" I used my Alpha voice and he automatically sat down and bowed his head.

"Just tell me, please" He looked up at me and his face was full of pain.

"I was... Well, when... I umm..." I cant believe I's stuttering! Out of no where the doors busted open and my dad walked in.

"Dad. What. Do. You. Want!"

"Don't raise your voice at me BOY!" I growled but he didn't back down

"River Kyle Smith! You are a beginning Alpha. You may be in charge of the pack but you still have to confide in me for the first two years." He said calmly

"Yes but-" he cut me off.

"But nothing... I want answers and so does Mr. Gavin here... who were the rouges on the territory yesterday night? What do they want? Whats your problem with Moana? Where is she? Have you found your mate, yet?" He spoke fast, and didn't take a breath until he was done. He then sat down next to Gavin.

"The rouges are Skylaar, his wife and Beta. They want to talk to me today. Moana is a rouge. I don't know where she is and won't believe to care!" I answered trying to ignore his last question, but he caught me easily.

"Answer the question." He said and leaned forward.

"Why?" I asked

"Because it's important!" He shot out of his chair and pounded his fist on what used to be his desk.

"Fine!" I shot back and turned around in my chair. "Yes, I found her!" I said, a little annoyed

"Have you actually met her?" He has so many questions today

"Yes."

"Whats here name?" He asked with a slight grin. He is a bigger gossip than mom.

"Yes or no questions only!" I can't tell him it's Moana, she's a rouge

"Do I know her? Does she live here?"

"Yes and Ye- umm, for now."

"Is she-" the door had been slammed and that shocked me and my dad. I totally forgot Gavin was in the room and my dad got excited about me having a mate.

"Is she in college?"

"yes! Dad you can ask name now... I don't want Gavin to know"

"Its-"

"DON'T! I don't want people to hear you!" I pulled out a piece of paper and pencil and wrote the name that made my insides hurt.

Moana

"WHAT?!" my dad yelled when he read it. I tucked the paper into the desk drawer.

"Dad I'm angry for what I did to her but it was for her own protection." I said rubbing my face. Stubble was growing back... I wonder if she likes stubble. Gavin never grows his facial hair- STOP! What the heck!

"But does Mo-"

"Dad, no, she doesn't know anything" cutting him off

"Can we just go for a run?"

"Sure son..." He nodded and left the office.

__________________________________________________________________________

Gavin Pov:

If you now the past Alpha well enough. You now that he goes and gossips with his wife about everything. I know River told his dad who his mate is.

I stood outside the Alphas door and waited. His wife screamed.

"A mate!!! who is she???" dragging out her words

"Moana" she gasped

"What!" I whisper-yelled. I walked back to my room and went over to the waste basket and pulled out a pair of Moana's clothes.

I sniffed them deeply and there was a scent there that wasn't hers but... Rivers.