Chapter 9: So close (Part 2)

"Hello my name is Dominique Hastings" I had to admit he was very handsome. "And yes I'm your new husband" he held up his left hand and showed off his ring finger which had a gold band on it. I looked at my own hand and there it was a gold band with a giant diamond on it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

River POV:

Well after about 3 hours of searching the town, the forest and two neighboring cities we couldnt pick up on her scent. We were all circled in a small pasture. I could tell they were all becoming frustrated I began pacing. Okay everyone to my office now I will be there in a minute. They all looked at me for a moment but I let out a urgent growl and they ran along including Gavin.

Okay maybe I can use a mind link to find her our mating link won't work of course but a pack link should I just have to except her into the pack usually there is a ritual for letting a rogue in but I don't need it. So I let my wolf declare her apart of the pack then I felt as if someone was stepping on my head. I could feel her mind but everything felt wrong. I started to force my way through the barriers I made a crack and I saw something through her eyes or maybe her memories a face, a man, a hated man, a man I know very well. As soon as I saw it, it was gone. I ran back to the pack house and grabbed a pair of sweats of the porch and shifted.

Once I was in the conference room everything went silent "Dominique Hastings!"

"Yeah, what about him?" said Walter

"He has Moana."

Then I was bombarded with questions "How do you know? Is she okay? Where is he? Who is he? Are you sure?"

"I just know, I don't know, I don't know, long story and yes I'm sure! Menna your up."

"Do you have a picture of her?" I looked at Gavin he ran upstairs and back down quickly and pulled a photo out of his wallet. It was of him and Moana. They were at the beach and she was in a bathing suit sitting on his lap. Both of them smiling up at the camera. I had to hold back the urge to tear apart the picture as it was being passed down to Menna. She looked at the photo, frowned and looked up at me.

"This might take a while" she touched Moana's face in the photo and put her face on the table as if she was going to sleep and that's what it looked like. I wanted to tell her to hurry but it would only make her go slower.

"As for the rest of you all you need to know about Mr. Hastings is that don't take him granted, don't hesitate, he is always a step ahead and he is not fond of us Weres. Now rest up until Menna comes around."

Moana POV:

"Where are we going?" I asked Dominique after realizing we were on a plane.

"All you need to know sweetheart is that I love you and I will make you all better by healing you of that terrible disease"

"What? I'm not sick! I don't have any type of disease! What are you talking about?"

"You are in the process of having your wolf separated from you."

"Who are you exactly?" I asked this man was crazy.

"Your very rich husband who cares about your health"

"WHAT are you?" He looked at me for a second and sat right next to me.

"I'm a very smart man" then flashed me a killer smile.

I sat there for a second thinking about what was happening.

"So if we were married is this our honeymoon?"

"Yes" he said happily and he leaned in close to me. If I get close to him I may be able to figure him out and get away from him. So I did a very stupid thing and let him kiss me. Surprisingly his lips felt good and I wanted to and I could feel that he did to. He pulled me over onto his lap.

"Stop!" he shouted and sat me back in my seat "Melody we cant do that yet?"

"My name isn't Melody its Moana and why not?"

"No I changed your name to Melody and because you are still sick. Once me and the Doctor rid you of that terrible thing inside you then we can be together completely"

"No we can't and never will! My wolf is half of me I could die without her."

"That's a risk I am willing to take!" he yelled. The back of my eyes began to burn and then started to water. Then the tears came down my face.