Chapter 5 (Continued)

“Hold up, who said I fucked him? I ain’t fuck nobody.” Milyon replied.

“Well, my bad. That’s just the impression I got when I walked in on y’all damn near fuckin’.” Carti said, becoming somewhat angry. Milyon saw his nostrils flare. She was relieved that she’d gotten some emotion out of him.           She sighed once again. Carti, on the hand looked like he was ready to go. Fuck it, Milyon thought.

“Carti, I know it looked bad but we didn’t do anything… but kiss. We did not have sex.” Milyon said, reassuringly. She sounded as if kissing wasn’t anything, like it was okay. She almost told him that they almost had sex but thought against it. Carti chuckled. The waiter came back to the table but said that she would come back because it looked as if they were having an intense conversation.

“So, you kissed the nigga?” Carti asked, looking her dead in her eyes. Milyon didn’t want to get into that because she didn’t want to make him even more upset.

“Yes, Carti. But it h-“ Milyon was interrupted.

“How many times?” Carti asked. He couldn’t help questioning her. She wasn’t even his girl but he had planned on making her his girl but she had just about fucked it up. Milyon didn’t even think about her response.

“I don’t know.” Milyon said in an annoyed tone. Carti shook his head.

“Damn, y’all kissed that many times?” Carti asked in a surprised tone. Milyon thought about her response in realized that it did make her sound bad. “You like him?” Carti asked. Milyon thought about what her response would be.

“He was cool.” Milyon said.

“He was cool? Nah, I think it was more than that. Do you see how you was actin’ when Mace pistol whipped that nigga? You acted like he was fuckin’ dead, ma.” Carti said. Milyon shrugged, she didn’t know what to say. “But it’s cool, Milyon. You ain’t my girl anyways.” Carti said, harshly. He got up from his seat and pulled out his Louis Vuitton wallet. He grabbed a crispy fifty dollar bill and put it on the table.

“Why you leaving?” Milyon asked.

“I can’t fuckin’ be here no more. I need to smoke.” Carti replied, closing his wallet. But before walking away he said something that would definitely fuck Milyon up. “Oh, and ya’ mans… whatever the fuck his name is?” referring to Maino. “We left his ass stankin’.” Carti said, unremorsefully. He walked away.

It took Milyon a moment to gather what he was trying to infer but she soon realized that Carti had basically said that they killed Maino. Her heart rate sped up, her mind began racing. She got up from the table and ran out after Carti. He couldn’t just say that shit and leave.

When she got outside to the parking lot, she saw Carti getting into his BMW. “Carti?!” Milyon yelled, walking towards his car. She heard the engine start, so she sped up her pace. When she reached his car, she banged on the passenger side window. She could barely see him due to the dark tinting. He raised down the window enough for them to hear and see one another.

“What, man?” Carti asked, pulling out a freshly rolled blunt from his glove compartment.

“Why would you say that shit to me and then leave? How you think that make me feel?” Milyon asked.

“How you think it make me feel knowing you going around kissing other niggas that tried to fuckin’ kill your brother?!” Carti barked. He exhaled loud and deep. He shook his head and put his blunt in between his lips.

“It was an accident. We were just caught up in the moment. But I stopped him and told him that I couldn’t do that because I-I’m in love wit’ you, Carti. I know I fucked up, and I’m sorry. You don’t have to throw that shit in my face, man. Like you just said back there, I’m not your girl so why you trippin’?” Milyon asked, pissed that he’d said that. “And he didn’t shoot, Mace.” Milyon said. Carti took a pull from his blunt.