Chapter 12 (Continued)

Milyon trembled in fear, she wanted to climb onto the toilet seat but she was afraid she would make too much noise. She couldn’t even bring herself to grab her phone out of her purse; she didn’t want to alert the shooter. She didn’t know what was happening at this point, she heard the loud, heavy footsteps of the man and her body became even stiffer. She covered her mouth, trying to muffle her panicked breathing. She tried to see where the man’s feet were by lowering her eyes to the bottom of the stall but she couldn’t see anything but the lifeless body of the girl, bleeding out onto the checkered tile floors.

Before she knew what was happening, her door was snatched open, Milyon screamed. “Arghhhhhhhh!” Her eyes met with those of the man who she once thought was handsome, now he was a monster. She continued to scream but was stopped once she was looking down the barrel of his nine. She shut her mouth and backed away, but there was nowhere to go. The back of her legs bumped into the rim of the toilet.

The man chuckled, “Look… I’on want to hurt you but if you scream again, I’ma blow yo’ shit up.” He threatened. Milyon’s breaths were short and faint. Tears trickled down her cheeks.

The man spoke again, “I’ma let you go but if I find out you said anything… and trust me, I will find out. I am goin’ to find you, kill you, and feed you’re organs to my snake. Is that understood?” he asked, firmly, while still pointing the gun at her dome. Milyon nodded.

“What was that? I didn’t hear you, sweetheart.” The gunman said.

Milyon finally opened her mouth, “O-okay.” She stuttered.  The gunman stood there for a few more seconds, he stared at a frightened Milyon. He took in her features, and studied her eyes, making a mental note of her appearance. He finally stepped aside, making way for her to walk past him. Milyon hesitantly walked past him, and started to jog towards the door, his eyes on her the whole time. When Milyon was outside of the bathroom, she noticed that the door was locked, that’s why no one was coming in while he was in there committing murders and shit.

She saw some women walking towards the bathroom, she quickly put her head down because she didn’t need anyone being able to pinpoint her face… there was still a dead body in there. She ran out of the restaurant. She walked away from it quickly, and when she figured no one would be able to see her anymore, she pulled out her phone to call Shy. But she could see the hotel entrance from where she was at and she could see Shy exiting the hotel, looking at her phone. Milyon dialed her number.

She watched as Shy answered the phone. “Oh, my God. Turn around; go back to the hotel, Shy. You not gon’ believe what the hell just happened to me.” Milyon said, panic dripping from her voice. Milyon was still shaken up.

Shy started to say something, she was beyond confused. She was standing still by the hotel entrance doors. Milyon interrupted here before her words could get out, “Just— I’ll explain when we get back to the hotel. I see you, Shy. Stay right there. Here I come.” Milyon said, and she hung up.

She looked around, paranoid and quickly walked to the hotel which was no more than a half of a block away. When she saw Shy, she rushed to her and pulled her into a hug. She started to cry but held the tears back. She took a deep breath. Shy pulled away and started questioning her but Milyon said that they needed to go back to the suite and talk.

When the two reached the suite, they sat on Milyon’s bed that she would be sharing with Carti, and Milyon told her everything. Shy was shocked but she knew they couldn’t go calling the police and shit. Instead, Shy suggested that they wait a few days and then tell Mace and Carti. Milyon agreed, and instead of going out to eat, they called a taxi to take them to Dolphin Mall, which wasn’t too far from the airport that they’d just come from hours earlier.