Chapter 14

Chapter 14            

The car ride was silent, and no one said anything. The radio played on a low volume as Milyon stared out the window, admiring Miami’s evening sky. She knew there was something wrong with Carti because he hadn’t said anything to her since they’d left the restaurant; she figured the meeting hadn’t gone as planned.

She looked over at him; he was leaned back in his seat, as always. He had one hand on the wheel and the other he used to stroke his chin hair, which meant he was in deep thought. He glanced out of his driver’s side window—another giveaway that he was in deep thought. He didn’t want to be bothered. Usually, Carti would be having a conversation with Milyon, or joking around.

She finally decided to speak, “Babe, you good? I mean, you haven’t said shit to me since we got in the car. Did the meeting go okay?” Milyon asked, looking at Carti. Carti sighed; he ran his hand over his waves, a habit of his. He glanced out of the window again, taking his time responding. “I’m straight, Milyon. And the meeting was aight.” He replied, dully.

Milyon was now on alert. Carti had just called her by her government name, something he never does unless he’s trying to make a point or he’s upset with her, which was a rarity. Her eyebrows furrowed together, now she was really confused as to what the hell his problem was.

“Um, am I missing something? Did I do something to upset you?” Milyon asked, she wondered if his problem was pertaining Qua. She didn’t see how he could be upset over that, it isn’t like he saw Qua pushing up on her. Or at least she hoped he didn’t.

Carti focused on the road, “I said it’s all good. Stop asking.” Carti replied, irritably.

Several minutes later, they arrived at the hotel. They both said nothing else to one another as they entered the hotel. Shy and Mace had been there already, Carti didn’t remember seeing them get in front of him. But, then again, Maceon drove like a damn speed racer, he was reckless as fuck.

Carti instantly pulled the sweater that he had worn over his head when they got into their room. He threw the sweater on the bed and sat on the edge of it. He kicked off his Polo Ralph Lauren sneakers, and pulled his watch off.

Milyon was becoming irritated with his little attitude, she sighed. Pulling off her heels and placed them neatly next to the bed. She pulled her hair into a ponytail because it was becoming annoying, she had too much hair. She went into the bathroom that was adjacent to their bedroom. She turned on the light, and instantly became glued to her reflection in the mirror. She unzipped the back of her dress, and pulled it down until it reached her hips; she let it slide down the rest of the way until it dropped to the floor. She stepped out of it, and let it stay on the floor. Leaving her in a nude colored LaPerla panty and bra set, she always wore neutral colored undergarments when she was dressing up.

She pulled some make-up remover out of her make-up bag which had already been in the bathroom. She quickly began removing her MAC make-up from her face. Over eight minutes later, she was done. She took a quick pee, washed her hands, and walked out of the bathroom. When she stepped out of the bathroom, she noticed Carti wasn’t in there. She wasn’t about to look for him either, she got into the bed, and turned on the sixty inch television. After scrolling through the guide, she settled on watching a Lifetime movie.

She’d been thirty minutes into the movie when Carti walked back into their room. She didn’t even ask where he’d been, she just let him go about his business. He still had on his pants and a t-shirt, his bold muscles showing through the thin fabric of his t-shirt, and his tattooed arms exposed.

He pulled his t-shirt over his head; he walked over to the closet and pulled out his suitcase, grabbing a few items out of there, and went into the bathroom. He didn’t close the door all of the way, he left it cracked open. Milyon contemplated for a few seconds, before finally getting out of the bed, and going to the bathroom door and pushing it open. She heard the shower running. She walked over to the glass shower door; Carti’s naked, toned back was facing her.