Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Maceon stood up and introduced himself and Shy, introducing her as his "Date". Shy and Qua shook hands, she smiled and kept her mouth shut. Milyon took two deep breaths, she couldn’t help but be scared but she knew her brother and Carti were there so no one would hurt her. Carti looked at her, as if to say ‘Are you okay?', Milyon smiled. Carti kissed her cheek and introduced Milyon, she nervously stood up and shook Qua’s hand.

Carti introduced Qua, “Mil’, this is Qua, my long-lost cousin,” Carti and Qua laughed but Qua’s eyes stayed on Milyon’s the whole time, while still shaking her hand. “He may be a potential business partner.” Carti said, almost snatching Milyon’s hand away from his.

Qua nodded, and let her hand go, “Nice to meet you, sweetheart.” He said, pulling out his chair and not even introducing his female companion.

They all sat in their seats, and Qua started the conversation. “Damn, bruh. You know I was kind of skeptical when my pops brought you up, you know. I’on really fuck wit’ too many people, and had just met the nigga myself and not even in person at that. So, how the hell was I supposed to trust him? But he grew on me after just a few conversations, I’ma go visit him next month. But straight up, though… I can see that y’all nigga’s legit.” Qua complemented.

Carti nodded his head, “Yea, fam. Hopefully, we can make this money together. So, let’s get to what we really came here to talk about.” Carti insisted.

Qua nodded, “I see you about ya’ business. But slow ya’ roll, let’s eat first… and then we’ll get to business. Cool?” Qua said, they looked one another in the eyes. Carti looked at mace who hadn’t said anything yet, Mace nodded at him, letting him know it was cool. And moments later, the waitress came back to their table and everyone ordered their food.

Milyon excused herself from the table to go to the restroom, and got up. She needed to take a breather, she was a little tense and she needed to loosen up. She had to realize that she had people there who had her back and wouldn’t let any harm come to her. The restaurant was very expensive and formal, there were portraits covering some walls, and wineries with bottles of wine in them decorated other walls. There was also a full salad bar in the middle of the restaurant. Just as Milyon was nearing the back, where the restroom was she heard a deep voice call out.

“Aye?” she almost already knew who it was. She ignored him and quickened her pace. But before she could get far, and strong, manly hand gripped her forearm and pushed her up against the wall. Her heart was racing at this point, she was looking into his eyes, but this time she didn’t see what she saw before. His look was more soft and non-frightening.

She calmed down a bit, and tried pulling her arm from his grip, he let go. “Look, I’m sorry. But I’m not gon’ hurt you, damn… chill.” He said, saying his peace. He looked sincere.

Milyon sighed, “What? What do you want? I didn’t say anything to anyone if that’s what’chu wanna know.” Milyon assured him.

Qua grinned, “You good. But aye, I just wanted to apologize for the other day… you know, I was in a compromising situation, shawty.” He admitted.

Milyon backed off of the wall and cleared her throat, “You good. I’m over it if you are.” Milyon said.

Qua grinned, he licked his lips. Milyon was becoming uncomfortable, she started to turn away and head to the bathroom. Qua grabbed her hand this time, but he wasn’t aggressive, he was gentle. Milyon looked back, confused.

“What are you doing?” she questioned. She didn’t even pull her hand away.

Qua pulled her closer to him, both of them invading one another’s personal space. “Is he treating you right?” Qua whispered in her ear. Chills ran down Milyon’s spine.