John

JOHN:

“So what are we eating? Breakfast from Mcdonalds or Burger King?”, I asked Niah’e.

“Mcdonalds!”, she beamed in the back seat of my car.

“Okay, Mickey D’s it is”, I told her as she started clapping her hands. I was driving to get breakfast before I dropped her off at school.

My daughter is the reason why I live. Ever since Angelah gave birth to Niah’e, I’ve became a better person. I just wish Angelah could see the better in me. It’s Angelah’s fault we are not together, she has trust issues and insecurities like a mother f*cker. She never tell people the whole story about our breakup. It’s not because I was on my ‘Bullsh*t’ which is her favorite thing to tell people. The real reason we broke up is because… *Thought interrupted*

“Daddy do you hate mommy?”, Niah’e asked me.

I looked in the rearview mirror to see her sweet face sadden.

“Of course I don’t hate mommy… where did you get that from baby?”, I asked her softly.

She didn’t respond to me. I pulled up to the Mcdonald’s drive-thru & ordered Niahe’s favorite & mine too. Then we sat in the car waiting to pull up to the window to get our food.

“Niah’e… did mommy say she hated daddy?”, I asked her hoping to get some info out of her.

“No…”, she innocently replied. It was kind of like relief, but I still wanted to know where she got that from.

“So where did you get that from baby?”, I asked again.

“Billy”, was all she replied.

“Who’s Billy?”, I asked.

“Billy is in my class daddy, and Billy’s mommy and daddy don’t live together. Then Billy told me it’s because his daddy really really hates his mommy”, she explained to me.

Before I replied back, I drove up to the window to get our food. Once I got the food, I drove off.

“Here, eat so then you can be ready for school”, I told her as I handed her the food.

“Thank you daddy”, Niah’e said as she began to eat.

“Welcome baby, but I want you to know Billy’s mommy & daddy are not like your mommy & daddy. I don’t hate mommy”, I spoke but without facing her because I had my eyes on the road.

“So… you… love mommy”, she asked, I could hear the excitement in her voice.

I smirked at the question, “Yea… daddy loves mommy”, I told her.

15 minutes passed, and I pulled up to Niah’e school. We both got out of the car, then I held Niah’e hand as we walked inside.

“What’s your class room number again?”, I asked Niah’e as we walked down this colorful bright hallway.

“Uh…201 daddy… I’m in 201”, she told me.

We arrived at her classroom door, I knocked then this lady came walking out. She was sexy as f*ck.

“Miss Greene?”, I asked because I don’t remember Miss Greene losing 50 pounds & turning bad!

“No, I’m her sub teacher for the day, Miss K. , but you could call me Kim”, she said smirking.

“Hm…mmm…okay Kim, well I’m here to drop off my daughter”, I told her.

Kim sweetly smiled at Niah’e. Then she leaned down a bit to be at Niah’e height.

“Hello there beautiful”, Kim said to Niah’e.

Niah’e hid behind me, peeking at Kim. She usually does that to strangers.

“Baby don’t be shy, this is the sub teacher for today. come on you too big for that. This is Miss K. She’s taking over until Miss Greene gets back”, I told her.

Kim then stood up straight and flashed her perfect teeth at me.

“She’ll get use to me”, she told me confidently. I don’t know what she meant by that… her tone seemed different when she said that.

I just smirked and nodded.

“Niah’e give daddy hug and kiss bye”, I told her.

Niah’e put her arms up as I picked up her up to kiss and hug her. I then put her down.

“Bye daddy, I love you”, Niah’e beamed.

“Bye baby”, I smiled.

                ________________________________________________________________

After I dropped Niah’e off, I drove to my home boy Djay crib. Djay was my main man, he always had my back. He was also my daughter’s god father. Once I arrived at his crib, I ranged the bell. I waited 5 seconds until I was let in.

“Sup Bro, looking fly looking fly”, Djay said giving me dap as I enter his home.

“As always… what you f*cking with bro?”, I asked him as I walked over to his couch and took a seat.

“Ain’t sh*t… I got some business to handle for Tony”, he told me.

I just shook my head, “Be careful Bro”, I told him.

“Bro it aint even that bad, and I’m always careful. I’m telling you bro, you should start working for Tony, he real MONEY”, Djay told me.

“Man, I said nah already, you know that sh*t aint for me… plus I got a daughter to take care of”, I explained to him.

“Yea, this fast money could help out”, Djay tried to convince me.

“I’ll pass, I’m not that type of guy – No offense bro… besides I’m Gucci working in this lil office sh*t”, I told him.

“Ight… well anyways… you wanna hit up this party tonight?”, he asked me.

“Not really, but I’ll see”, I told him.

“Damn nigga, where’s the fun in you?”, Djay chuckled.

I laughed, “Sh*t…once you realize you a father… a lot changes”, I honestly told him.

“I feel”, he said as he exhaled smoke from some loud he recently just rolled, then passed it to me so I could take a hit.

“How’s Angelah?”, Djay asked.

I exhaled the smoke. I felt real relaxed.

“She good… why you asked?”, I questioned.

“You ain’t speak of home girl in a min”, he replied.

“It’s nothing to speak about if it isn’t concerning my daughter”, I truly told him.

“Hurd it”, Djay responded, “well I hope she good… hope you good too n*gga”.

“I’m Gucci … I already told you”, I replied.

After that conversation, we started rolling up more to smoke.

 PICTURE OF JOHN ON SIDE