Angelah7

ANGELAH:

I was at my mother house sitting on top of the kitchen island.

“I’m telling you, I saw them kissing in the elevator”, my mom told me gossiping about two employees at our job.

“And still that’s none of our business”, I told her.

“Well why be secretive? That’s the part that upsets me”, she told me while cleaning out some pots to use.

“Ma, do you like the dude or something? Is that the real reason this upsets you”, I asked her laughing.

“Angelah don’t start with that liking people nonsense, I’m going to be committed to your father always and forever, I don’t care if he’s alive or dead”, she told me soaping up the pots.

“Well I don’t think you’ll have to worry about the alive part”, I joked to kill her sudden sad emotions.

She whirled around furiously, “Angelah! don’t say childish cold hearted things like that anymore! How could you joke like that?!”, she yelled at me

“Ma, it was a joke… you know I love and miss him too, and you know dad was always a jokester, he’s probably laughing right now”, I told her still giggling.

She just turned back around, and finished washing her pots. I wasn’t sure if she was still mad or not, until I heard her sniffling.

I hopped off the kitchen island, “Ma”, I sighed then walked up to her with her back facing me.

“I’m alright”, she sniffled.

“So why are you crying? I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that, Daddy ain’t gonna be happy seeing his beautiful wife crying”, I told her now standing beside her viewing her wet face.

Her hands were soapy; I could tell she wanted to wipe away her tears, so I did it for her.

“He misses us too, but he don’t gotta miss too hard because he’s forever in our heart. He always taught us to be strong and love our lives no matter what. He’s in another better place. And look; he’s finally able to meet his granddaughter”, I told her.

My mom then fully faced me with so much hurt in her eyes. I felt what she was feeling but I tried my hardest to stay strong. I pulled her in for a hug, her wet soapy hands were placed on my back; soaking my cotton pink shirt I had on. I held her tighter while she cried in my ear. She cried so hard as if she have been holding this all in.

After a good 5 minutes of her crying, she finally stopped and then pulled out of our hug. She wiped her eyes with her damped hands. She then looked at me and studied me like she always does.

“You are defiantly your father’s daughter”, she told me with a half-smile; I smiled, and then kissed her cheek.

After; some minutes later, I found myself upstairs in my old room, looking for a top I might have left to change into. I found an old t-shirt I use to own then threw it on, and then once I was satisfied, I began to view my surroundings.

My old room has so many memories. I never really had the chance to really take a road down remembrance. Everything was the same as I left it when I lived here with my mom. I remember when I and my mom first moved here, I hated it.

I looked at this room more and then something caught my attention. I walked up to it and picked it up. It was a pink boomerang with John’s number written in sharpie on it. I smiled and thought about that day.

**FLASHBACK**

I was sitting on the couch with my mother waiting for my dad to come home. He missed dinner and my mom was worried.