John8

JOHN:

I watched Angelah, wondering should I vent to her or not, but something in me told me not to, so I ended up telling her to forget about it. I could tell she didn’t want to hear that but she didn’t argue about it, she just went with what my decision was.

“Well…okay…”, she said, “Ima go back up to go to sleep”, she told me removing herself from the couch.

“Alright”, was all I said to her before she made her way up the stairs to go to bed.

I sighed then lay back on the couch.

**FLASHBACK**

“Oh my gosh! John…john…come!”, I heard Angelah yell from the living room.

I quickly ran from our bedroom, ready for anything, but instead I saw Angelah happily smiling pointing to Niah’e.

“She’s walking John”, Angelah said to me so happy.

“Oh shit”, I said as I watched my daughter wobble while trying her hardest not to fall. She was making her way towards the kitchen.

“Go get my camera”, Angelah told me.

I quickly ran into our bedroom to get her camera from off the dresser. I ran back in the living to see my daughter still walking. That made me smile.

“John hurry, take pictures”, Angelah told me.

I powered on the camera, then quickly- snapping as much pictures I could of Niah’e, then finally she fell on her butt.

“Awwww Baby you walked!”, Angelah cooed to Niah’e while picking her up.

I walked over to my babygirl, and then kissed her cheek.

“Wait until I tell my moms, she gonna go nuts… she told me she wanted to be the one to see her first walk because she was always the one to catch any baby’s first step”, I laughed.

Angelah laughed too, “Well not this time”, she said as she kissed Niah’e, “Mommy’s baby was walking”.

“Now say ‘Da-da’…come on princess”, I spoke to my daughter.

“Oh please John, everyone knows ‘mommy’ is the first words”, Angelah told me.

“Says who? Everyone lied to you… because EVERYBODY knows a baby’s first words is ‘Da-Da’…so you bugging”, I told her.

“Okay bet, if she say’s ‘mommy’ first, you gotta buy me that bag I want for summer”, she challenged me, while still holding Niah’e in her arms.

“You always wanna bet, then end up losing, but ight, and if she says ‘Da-Da’ first, then you gotta take yo ass to cooking class”, I laughed.

Angelah playfully hit me while laughing, and then I guess Niah’e picked up from that because then she began hitting me too with her little hands.

“Oh no… why you hitting daddy?, Hit mommy…not daddy”, I said making a sad face at my daughter.

Angelah started cracking up while Niah’e continued to smack her little hands on my arm; she was cracking up too not knowing what she’s actually doing. I smiled at my family. This was a moment I’ll never forget.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

**_______________________________________________________________**