Angelah2

ANGELAH:

“You’re so silly”, I told my best friend Chelsea through the phone.

“I’m not even joking, a size of peanut chew, exactly”, she told me.   

I couldn’t help but laugh really hard.

“Yea, okay-okay I believe you”, I told her.

“You better, but anyways… it’s this party tonight, you should come”, Chelsea told me.

“Can’t… me and Niah’e is going to my mom house in a few right after I pick her from school”, I told her.

“You suck… what a fake B F F”, she whined.

“Sorry… it’s important, my mom is finally going to let me work at her business, she think I’m responsible now, I can’t allow any screw ups”, I explained to her.

“Well okay, at least you have a legit excuse”, Chelsea replied, “But call you later BFF”.

“Later B!F!F!”, I laughed.

After, I started watching TV until it was time to travel to pick up Niah’e. Some movie called “Love takes time” was on, it was really good… and it reminded me of John & I .

                                                                ~FLASHBACK~

“John stop… you’re going to hurt James!”, I said as I rubbed my stomach.

“How are you sure if it’s a boy? And if it is… we are not naming my son that”, he told me.

“I know it’s a boy… I can tell, he’s gonna be a mamas boy for sure”, I told him.

“Yea-yea whatever, I know my baby girl is roaming in there n’ sh*t”, he said as he poked my belly.

“BET… if it’s a boy… hmm… you have to take me out to any restaurant that I wanna eat at…AND do the dishes for a month, I’m tired of my mom making me do them”, I challenged him.

“Ight bet… and if it’s a girl…hmmm… you can’t go out of state for college…”, he told me.

“John- we talked about this already, let’s not bring this up again”, I told him.

“It’s a bet remember… you have a girl… you can’t leave me nor her, your ass staying here”, John cockily smiled.

“You smiling like I’m playing… I said no” I told him getting upset.

“Someone lost hope of winning, besides you started this”, he told

I sighed, “Fine… BET”, I lastly told him.

                                                          ~ END OF FLASHBACK~

A hour passed, I took a cab to go pick Niah’e up. Once I made it to the school, I entered. I walked down the bright colored hallways until I reached Niah’e classroom. Once I was in front of the classroom, I knocked on the door. After a moment, the door opened. I was hoping to see Miss Greene, but this other younger lady was there.

“Hello, how may I help you?”, she asked as if she was annoyed.

I arched my eyebrow, “I’m here for a pick up”.

“And who are you here to pick up?”, she asked.

“My daughter, Niah’e”, I told her with an obvious attitude.

Her eyes widened when I mention Niah’e.

“Oh! You’re Niah’e mom? Well it’s really nice to meet you, I’m Miss K.- the sub for the day”, she told me in this friendly tone.