Angelah8

ANGELAH:

I was at Janice house, staying over with her. We were in her bed chatting and watching TV as if we were so young again.

“Leonardo Dicaprio can get it in any position” Janice told me while staring at the television and stuffing her mouth with Doritos.

I laughed, “He’s alright”, I told her.

Her head snapped my way, “Alright?! He’s one of the sexiest white men alive! Look at him!”, Janice pointed at the TV.

We were watching Titanic, I saw this movie over a 100 times, I loved watching it but it was just so long. Janice obviously watched this more than me, she knew every line that was said by all characters, and she even acted out a few parts along with the movie.

“Eh, still don’t see it, but he’s a good actor”, I told her.

“Yea I guess”, she said while looking back at the TV.

I started texting on my phone, I was texting Fabian, he wanted to come steal me away from Janice but I told him that I couldn’t because I promised I wouldn’t ditch her today and tomorrow. Out of nowhere, a knock was on the door.

Janice looked my way, “Who is that? That better not be Mr. Fabio”, Janice asked.

“It couldn’t be, I’m texting him right now, he’s home”, I told her.

Janice gave me the eye, “Ima go get it… if it’s him, I’m sending him home… he can’t have you tonight”, Janice lightly laughed.

“I know…I know… I told him”, I laughed back.

Janice got out of her bad and made her way downstairs. I listened to the door open; I heard a male voice say something. Then I heard the door close.

“What happened”, I heard Janice say, she was always so loud.

I couldn’t hear what the other person said, but I knew it was a guy.

“Okay..okay… we will talk in the morning, just crash on the couch, you should have called  me first John”, I heard say.

My heart flipped when I heard her say John’s name. Why was he always popping up when I was near? I quickly caught an attitude after thinking about what happened the last time I saw him. I heard Janice making her way back up the stairs, and then she entered her room.

“What am I gonna do with my brother”, she sighed.

“What happened? Why is he here?”, I asked her.

“I really don’t know, all I know is that he’s heated and he had an argument with that girl. He wanna vent to me and sh*t but I told him that gotta wait til morning”, she told me while plopping on her bed.

“Janice…”, I gave her the face, “Really? Your brother is all emotional and you telling him to wait til morning?”.

“Um yea, I’m watching my movie and hanging with my home-girl, he gotta wait… nobody told him to be with the chick, he should have been left her”, Janice said to me.

I laughed, “You are truly something else”, I told her.

Me and Janice finished the whole movie then we watched another movie then that movie ended too, about time I was flicking through the channel, Janice already fell asleep. Now I was up alone. I couldn’t find any movie, so I just turned to Disney Channel. ANT Farm was on. It was one of Niah’e favorites. Thinking about my daughter bought tears to my eyes, but I wiped them away then sighed. I lay down, forcing myself to sleep but I couldn’t sleep. I even tried waking Janice back up to entertain me but she was all grumpy and wanted to sleep.

I sighed; I got out of her bed and decided to pour me a glass of milk. I made my way down stairs. When I reached the bottom, I saw Janice couch, I thought I might would’ve saw John laying on it but he wasn’t. I looked over in the kitchen to see John going through the fridge. It was so like him, even when we lived together I’ll find him late at night going through our fridge for late night snack.

I guess he couldn’t find anything, so he slammed the fridge close. When he turned around he kind of jumped after noticing I was standing there watching him.

“Where the hell you came from?”, he asked with this tone that I couldn’t figure if he was upset or not.

“I… I couldn’t sleep, I’m getting me a glass of milk”, I told him then walked pass him to open the fridge.

“I didn’t even know you were here”, I heard him say.

“Oh”, was all I said as I searched for the milk, but couldn’t find it.

“I think she’s out of milk”, John said to me.

I closed the fridge, “Well that’s great”, I said sarcastically.

John chuckled, and then exited the kitchen to go sit on the couch. I just stayed in the kitchen. Thinking what else could I do to help me sleep?

“Can’t sleep”, John asked while sitting on the couch staring at me.

“Uh… um…no… I can’t, I keep trying put I just feel like I have too much energy still”, I told him.

“Oh… I guess your new bestie fell asleep on you huh”, John said referring to Janice.

“Yea she did”, I giggled, “after she was complaining about me always falling asleep… now look at her, gone with the wind”.

John lightly laughed, “Believe me…I know… when we were little she use to do that to me. Have me eating so much sugary stuff to keep me up then next thing you know, she fast asleep, and I’m up looking dumb”.

I laughed, “Sounds just like her”, I said.

Then silence took over our conversation. I still was standing in the kitchen leaning her Kitchen Island. John was sitting up on the couch, dazing off in space. I just stared at him. I couldn’t help but notice how handsome he was looking. My hormones were creeping up on me; I crossed my legs then exhaled while looking away from John. Then I started dazing off in space too.

“Angelah… I apologize”, I heard John say.

I turned my head back in his direction to see him now looking at me. I couldn’t quite see his expression because the room was very dim and hard to even see anything.

“For what?”, I asked him.

“Everything, I just feel like… like….”, he sighed, “Nevermind”.

I began walking over to him slowly, and then I made it my business to sit next to him.

“You can talk to me… I’ll listen”, I told him.

John looked deeply at me, I couldn’t figure out what he was feeling.