Chapter 7

Riley's P.O.V.

I stay on the floor crying for what feels like hours, until some comes over to me.

"Riley? What happened? Are you okay?" Toby asks in a panic. I look up to see a worried look on his face. "Have you been crying?" I nod my head, and the frown on his face deepens. He slides down on the floor next to me and hugs me. I hold on to him, crying on his chest for what seems like hours, before I'm finally able to talk.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just bumped my knee on the table." I lie.

Toby's P.O.V.

"You are not fine. What really happened, Riley?" I say not believing her, because when she first looked at me with her tear stained eyes, I saw fear in them. Something, or someone, has done something very bad for her to be scared.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine; don't worry about it, okay?" She says and I can tell it's something really bad since she doesn't want to tell me.

"Riley, whether you like it or not, I'm going to worry. I'm not leaving your side until you tell me the truth of what really happened."

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because you're my friend and it's killing me to see you like this" Also because I might just be falling for you, I want to say, but I don't. For now, I'll keep that part to myself.

"Look Toby, if I could tell you, I would, but I can't, okay?"

"Someone threatened you, didn't they?" I think I'm starting to figure this out. I look at her and she nods.

"Yes, but they said if I told anyone about our conversation that they would basically kill me."

"What!" I yell anger boiling inside of me.

"Toby, please promise me you won't tell anyone." She looks into my eyes, pleading with me.

"Fine, I won't say anything." I give in, even though it's killing me.

"Thank you" She smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen, and suddenly I'm not angry anymore. Because the truth is that this means she trusts me, and right now that means the world to me.

"You're welcome, but I want to know the whole story. You don't have to give names. I just want to know what happened."

"Okay, but not here." She gets up and takes my hand. I follow her to what I think is her car. "Get in" She orders and I do as told. We get in and she starts the car, she drives out of the school and down a road towards town.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are we going?"

"My house"

"Oh, aren't your parents going to be there?" I ask and a sad look crosses her face.

"No, they don't live there. It's kind of a secret house, meaning Jake and I are the only ones that know about it. So this is kind of another thing you can't tell anyone about."

"I promise I won't, but why do you have it?"

"So that when I need to get away and not be found, I have somewhere to go."

"I thought that's what the forest was for?"

"No, Amanda knows I go there, so I wouldn't really be able to get away and not be found, would I?"

"I guess not. Just out of curiosity, how many of these secret hideout places do you have?"

"All together?"

"Yeah"

"Three, but I'm not telling you about the last one, nor am I showing you it. That one will remain a secret."

"Okay" I say. The rest of the ride is silent. We drive for about thirty more minutes before we get to a gated neighborhood. She puts in the passcode and the gates' open. She drives to the very back of the neighborhood and the last house on the right. It's not as big as the other houses, but it's still big enough for a four person family. It has red brick walls with white framed windows, on the porch there's two rocking chairs, and a garage on the side. She pulls into the driveway and parks. "Wow" Is all I can say to her.

"I guess you like it, now come on." She says when she sees I haven't moved from the car. I get out and follow her inside. The minute I walk inside, I swear my jaw hits the floor. Inside the first room you see is a beautiful living room. It's painted white with different pieces of art covering it, it has dark hardwood floor, cream colored couches, a black coffee table with a few photos on it, a huge flat screen TV, and to my surprise an Xbox 360 with stacks of games lining the shelves next to it. "If you like this, then you'll love the rest of my house. I'll give you a tour one day, but not today. Right now we have some things to talk about." She says and sits down on one of the couches. I follow and sit on the other couch across from her.

"Okay, now what happened?" I ask.

______________________________________________________

A.N.

Hey Guys! Well, surprise! I just wanted to give you guys a little present since it's Christmas. I hope you guys like this chapter. Merry Christmas!

Please comment & vote!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to.