Chapter 11

Toby’s P.O.V.

The last few days have been kind of awkward for Riley and me, ever since that almost kiss. If it wasn’t for Jake, we would have kissed, and what would have happened then? Things probably would have been even more awkward. What was I thinking? I was about to kiss the girl I’ve fallen for. She probably doesn’t feel the same. She probably just got caught up in the moment, but man what I wouldn’t do for Riley to be mine. Maybe I should talk to her; we haven’t talked since that night. Yeah, that sounds good that’s what I’m going to do as soon as school’s over.

*****

I walk out of the building and head towards the dorms, hoping to find Riley.

“Riley!” I shout when I see her about to go into the dorms. She looks up at me. We make eye contact and just stare into each other’s eyes before she breaks away and runs into the dorms. Oh, no, you’re not getting away that easily. I run after her. She makes it to the elevator, but I catch the doors right before they close. Well, this is great; it’s just the two of us.

“Riley, we need to talk, and running away isn’t going to help.” I say calmly.

“No we don’t, there’s nothing we need to talk about.” She says dismissively.

“Yes, we do. Why don’t you want to talk about it?” I ask making an inference on it.

“Look Toby, I just got caught up in the moment that’s all.” She says and the doors open. She quickly walks out and I follow her. Once she opens her dorm room door, I grab her arm gently pulling her in, closing the door, and pushing her against the door with one of my arms on either side of her head, trapping her.

“T-Toby w-what are you d-doing?” She stutters. I move my face closer to hers where my lips brush against hers. Her breath hitches, which makes me smirk.

“You know what I think?” I ask and watch as her eyes travel from my eyes to my lips and back. She just shakes her head no, unable to speak. “I think you weren’t caught up in the moment, and that you actually wanted to kiss me.” I say and watch as her eyes go wide.

“D-don’t b-be r-ridiculous.” She stutters again.

“Riley, do you like me?”

“N-no”

“I think you do.” And with that I crash my lips to hers. She doesn’t move at first, obviously shocked, but after a second or two she starts to move her lips in sync with mine. I feel her wrap her arms around my neck, so I move my arms and hands to her hips wrapping my arms around her and bringing her closer. I slide my tongue over her bottom lip asking for entrance. She immediately opens her mouth and I push my tongue in exploring her mouth. Our tongues brush against each other making both of us shiver. After a few more minutes, we pull apart, both of us needing air. Both of us are breathing hard gasping for air. Once we both brought our breathing back to normal, Riley decides to speak.

“Wow!” She says.

“Not so bad for your first kiss, huh?” I tease and she scowls at me.

“Shut up!” She says. “But where does this leave us?”

“Riley, will you be my girlfriend?” I ask, and her whole face lights up and a smirk forms on her face.

“Only if you’ll be my boyfriend” She teases. God, I love this girl. Yeah, I love her, so what, sue me. I just won’t tell her until the time is right, but for now I’m just happy to be able to call her mine.

“Deal” I say and we kiss again.

______________________________________________________

Hey Guys! Sorry its late and short. My laptop is messed up and I'm having to send back for repairs, so my updates are going to be a little scattered until my laptop gets fixed. Thanks in advance for understanding.

Please comment & vote!

Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to do so.