Chapter 14

Riley’s P.O.V.

“Ryan?” I say. “What the HELL are you doing here?” I ask angrily.

“Woah, chill Riles, I thought you would be happy to see your dear older brother.” Ryan says.

“Well, you thought wrong, and only my friends get to call me Riles.” I say bitterly.

“Aw, come on Riley, don’t be like that.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I say coldly. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“I came to see my baby sister and wish her a happy birthday.”

“Well, you see me, you said happy birthday, and now you can leave.”

“Not gonna happen.”

“Ugh! Why can’t you just leave me the fuck alone?”

“Because you’re my baby sister and I love you.”

“I stopped being your sister, when you left after you got your girlfriend pregnant five years ago.” I say as coldly and with as much venom as I can.

“Is that why you hate me?”

“Yes, you’re my older brother. You promised both me and Jake that you would always be here for us, but no that all changed when you got that stupid slut pregnant and left. And to add on to that, you said you would call us, message us, or find some other way to keep in contact with us, but you never did. You walked out the door five years ago, and that was the last time either of us heard from you.”

“Look Riley, I’m sorry I didn’t keep my promises, but I’m here now. Don’t you want to try to start over again instead of focusing on the past?”

“No, you’ve had five years to do that. You lost your chance a long time ago.”

“Please Riley!”

“NO! Why can’t you understand two little letters? N-O spells no, as in not a chance you son of a bitch.”

“Riley-” Ryan gets cut off by Jake’ yelling.

“Hey! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER HERE?” Jake yells as he, Amanda, John, Tina, Toby, and Jessica walk over to us. As soon as Jake sees Ryan, his face changes from annoyed to enraged in two seconds flat. “Oh hell no, what the fuck are you doing here?”

“I came to see Riley and you.” Ryan says. As he says this I turn to look at Amanda. Once she makes eye contact with me, I give her the sign for her to get everyone out of here. She nodes and whispers in John’s ear. He nods, and before Jake can say anything back to Ryan, Amanda and John have everyone inside and out of ear shot, expt for me, Ryan, and Jake.

“Well, you’re not welcome here, so you can take your sorry ass elsewhere.” Jake says in a tone so cold that it scared the hell out of me, but Ryan doesn’t even filch, he remains perfectly calm.

“Look Jake, I get that your pissed at me” Ryan says while Jake mumbles ‘that’s an understatement’ He hears Jake but ignores him as he continues. “But please just let me explain, to both of you” He looks at both of us as he says the last part.

“And why should we?” Jake asks.

“Because I love you guys, your my baby sister and baby brother, and I made a mistake and I just want to explain why I made the choices I did.” Ryan all but begs us. I look at Jake and I can see he’s about to say no, so I lightly grab his arm. He turns his fiery eyes on me, but they soften once he looks at me.

“Fine, you can explain, but you have to promise that if we still don’t like you after you explain, then you’ll leave us alone for good, and we’ll never hear from you again.” I say and look to Jake for compliance. He looks at me and nods, we turn back to look at Ryan.

“I promise” Ryan says defeated

“Good” Jake and I say in unison.

________________________________________________________

A.N.

Hey Guys! Well, I have no idea what to say other than HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! I hope your day was filled with lots of love.

Please comment & vote

Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to read my work.