Three Words, Eight Letters - I HATE YOU.

Jeremy drove Emma home that night. Helping her into the house and onto the couch.

"Caroline?" Emma said in her low croaky voice.

"I'll see if shes here." Jeremy said, making his way up stairs. He walked to her room and knocked. Caroline opened the door, a few seconds later.

"Jeremy!" Caroline answered the door.

"Emma's down stairs." He replied.

She vamp sped into the living room to see her cousin, sitting there, cuts, burns and bruises not healing.

"Oh my god." Caroline knelt down. Holding Emma's shoulders.

Emma looked down at her. Tears in her eyes. Caroline hugged her.

Jeremy left, no sooner after that. Caroline fed Emma some of her blood, but there was still marks where her cuts once were.

"How are you feeling?" Caroline walked back into the living room holing a hot coffee.

"Better thanks." A smile reached Emma's face. "I have to do something. I'll call you."

Caroline gave her a werie expression, but then nodded.

Emma placed her coffee into a travel mug, then disappeared.

Finally she reached the Lockwood manor. Emma knocked on the door and Carol answered. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying. Emma did her natural instinct and pulled her into a hug.

After a few minutes, Carol had told her Tyler was in his room.

Emma opened his door to see Tyler, standing, looking out his window. He sensed her presence, turning that instant.

He hadn't cried, but Emma knew he was staying strong for his mum.

She walked up to him, standing directly in front of him. Tyler looked down at her, pain finally reaching his face.

All Emma could do was hug him. She felt so sorry for him, but couldn't express how much.

They stood there. His head curved perfectly into her neck, her the same. As best friends. As true love.

Valentines Day

A few days had passed and the memorial for Tyler's father was in two days. But today was Valentines Day.

"I can't believe today is meant to be the most romantic day of the year and yet I'm stuck here watching White Collar and eating ice-cream with you." Marni bluntly stated.

"Gee, love you to Marni." Emma glared across the couch to her. "You forgot to mention that it's four o'clock and we still may have a chance!" 

"Ha yeah, you and Tyler so make the perfect couple." Marni hated the idea of both Tyler and Emma even being friends.

"Can you jump off the * I hate Tyler * train just for today please!" Emma winged.

Marni rolled her eyes and then someone knocked on the door. Both Emma and Marni were tangled in bed sheets, so they refused to get up.

"If we know who you are, come on in. If we don't, piss off!" Marni yelled from the couch.

"It's me." Matt opened the door and peered in.

"If your looking for Car she just went out to the Grill to meet... You!" Emma gave him a weird expression.

"Yeah I know. But I came here to see you." Matt looked across down at his hands. "I want to do something romantic for her, except I can't think of what."