Don't inhale what you can't chew.

Marni (POV)

Marni ran through the door of the boarding house, thinking that Damon would have all the answers. There he sat, on the couch in the living room, with a full glass of bourbon in hand.

"So ummm, care to explain?" Marni jumped on the seat beside him.

Damon turned to face his sister, his eyes blood shot of pain and face as pale as ever.

Marni paused, "Please don't tell me you got bitten by Tyler as well..."

Damon shook his head, "She's not coming back."

Marni bit her lip, not the response she wanted, "So she didn't say anything more to you?"

Damon looked back at his sister, "All she said was that she was sorry and that she loved me."

Marni leaned over and embraced her brother into a hug. She loved him and knew how much Emma had meant to him. But she couldn't see why she would leave him. Marni knew how much Emma also loved Damon.

After around an hour of talking, laughing and crying. Marni decided to catch up on some sleep. She headed up to her room, but when she entered, she felt another being. It took Marni a moment to realise it wasan't someone else in the room, just someone elses presence had been there. Marni walked around trying to find the strongest scent, she came across her large wooden wardrobe. A wash of horror fell over Marni's face, there had been a reason she haddn't used that wardrobe. Well sure she got a brand new walk in one installed, but she knew what was with held in her old one.

Marni pulled open the doors and started digging through the bottom of her closet, until she found what she was looking for. Marni pulled out the old wooden box, flicking its lid open when she placed it on her dresser. Marni fondled around with the crystals when her horrors came to life. The only crystal that wasn't there, the only crystal she had never touched. The necromancy crystal.

"Look's like my plans of sleeping just flew away with the fairies." Marni mumbled under her breath.

She vamp sped down stairs and grabbed her phone, dialing Emma's number. No answer. Marni stole Stephan's keys and put her foot to the pedal. She sped to the Lockwoods, in search of Klaus' body, when she was unable to trace it, her worst fears had come to life, Marni realised what Emma had done.

On the way back to the grill, Marni kept dialling and re dialling in hope Emma would pick up, but still no answer. Marni took a seat in a booth and kept thinking of a way to get into touch with Emma. Suddenly Marni had an epiphany. She almost palmed herself in the face at how stupid she could have been. Marni dialled Klaus' number in hope for an answer.

"Marni, what a surprise!" Came the undead voice of Klaus.

"Do you ever stay dead?" Marni burst into the phone.

"Is there a reason to this call?"

"Yes, I need Emma home."

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen." Klaus stubbornly rejected.

"Is Emma asleep? Curled in a ball and sweating even though you have the air-con turned up to full bore?" Marni improvised.

The was a pause for a moment, "And how is it you know that?"

"Because it's the side affects. Emma inhaled the Necromancy crystal in order to reawaken you. Because she is vampire, werewolf and witch, the crystal is destroying her insides." Marni paused and took a breath, "The crystal with not only consume her, but turn Emma into a completely different person. A person no one can possibly control and once she's consumed, the only way to cure her is to kill her and even that might be impossible."