Chapter 4: Ludicrous

(adj.) so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.
-

A/N: headphones for best experience. Skip the video to about 8:00 because there's an annoying sound at the beginning.

Early morning, cold breath. You quickly make your way to the cafe entrance, bundled in your coat.

After clocking in, you go behind the counter and prepare for another day at work.

-

Because of an extreme afternoon rush kicking in, things were busy today. You barely had any time to sit and drink your own coffee. It hasn't been this crazy in a while. You saw more than just the familiar faces you served every morning. There's been an influx of younger people. Usually this is the time for middle ages and elders.

"Y/N," Janelle came walking towards you with a grin on her face.

"What's up?" You asked, genuinely interested about what's causing the grin on the girl's face.

"So apparently word got out that members from BTS were here the other day." She says.

"I'm guessing they hoped to see them here again? They're a little late don't cha think?" You mused  not really understanding why them being here days ago would cause business to go so well today.

"Well I mean, they're idols. Some fans are extremely determined to see them in person." she said laughing, "Heck, even I used to be kiiiiind of a sasaeng when I was obsessed with them."

You slightly cringe at that last part.

"Mmm," you simply replied, nodding awkwardly and not knowing what to say to that.

"You should really check them out. They're good." Janelle suggests.

"No thanks," you chuckled. "I've heard about these boy group fandoms. They can get pretty dark and wild."

Janelle pursed her lips from laughing at the pun you obliviously and unknowingly just made.

It was true though. From the edits to the memes to the fan fictions... kpop fandoms are crazy, and you wanted nothing to do with that.

"Well," you awkwardly popped out. "These fans aren't gonna serve themseㅡ"

"Hold on" Janelle cut you off. Taking a hold of your wrist, she grabbed her cellphone from her pocket. Her thumbs were typing at the speed of light.

After a moment of silence between the two of you, you finally spoke up, "I need to get back to worㅡ"

"Ch-shh" she shushed you.

After another minute of silence you roll your head back in annoyance. "What are you doiㅡ"

"Done!" Janelle chimed, nose now pointed lightly upward in a cocky fashion.

"What are you talking aboㅡ" You began but got cut-off once again.

"You're going to their next concert with me." She excitedly sang out.

She's ridiculous. You didn't ask for all this. She literally just wasted so much money on you because you knew you weren't going to go.

"Why would you do that Janelle? I'm not even a fan ㅡI don't even know the guys. Why not take someone who actually caㅡ"

"TOO LATE! I already bought the damn tickets. They're nonrefundable. You're going!"

"Hoooh my god," You huffed, pinching the bridge of your nose. You couldn't help but let out a little smile and laugh, "You're ridiㅡ"