Chapter 11: Shook

(adj.) emotionally or physically disturbed.
-

*beep beep beep*

Your arm shot out of the blanket as you hit the dismiss button on your alarm clock.

Or so you thought you did.

Your hand lamely went for the button again.

Missed.

You tried again, this time more aggressive.

Nope.

Again.

Way off.

Again.

Oooo try again!

You were getting angry now.

*beep beep beep* The stupid alarm continues.

"Agh shut up!" You groaned as you slam your now fisted hand on the innocent device.

Congratulations! You broke it.

The dismiss button was now pressed way too far into it's socket. You weren't able to fix it -well, more like you didn't have to patients to fix it.

"And this is exactly the reason why I don't use my phone as an alarm." you mumbled to yourself. This was the fourth one you've broken this year.

You lay there in bed for a minute, before getting ready for the day.

Today, Monday, you planned to go grocery shopping and run a few errands. The stores we nearly vacant on Mondays.

Finally getting up, you walk over to your closet and put on casual clothes. You walk to the restroom across the hall, which was next to Yuna's room. Surprisingly, her room door was cracked open. She's usually sound asleep until around 11. You peek your head in, only to see a perfectly made bed.

You continued your path to the restroom to brush your teeth, than went back to your room.

Grabbing your crossbody, you walk back over to your alarm clock. You analyzed to damage you've done. It was pretty bad. You couldn't fix it even if you wanted to.

I'll just buy another one while I'm out.

While you were inspecting the object, your ears fine tuned into the faint chatting going on down stairs.

You furrowed your brows slightly at that.

It was unlike Yuna to have company over, let alone be awake at 9 in the morning.

Setting down the alarm clock, you quietly walk to the stairwell balcony to get a better listen.

"...grew up playing it, so I guess that would explain why." Yuna laughed.

"So you managed to keep your skills after all these years?" a man asked.

"Well, I mean, me and Y/N play it pretty often around here. So I never really lost them."

"You and Y/N play together?" He chuckled, "I bet she's..."

Hold the phone. That voice sounds very familiar...

Joel?

You listened again, and yup. That was the one and only, Mr. Evans.

"Yuna invited him over?" You spoke to yourself.