Prolouge

A thanks to oopsipeedonharry for making the amazing cover!

Harry sat in his desk listening to the lecture and taking notes, or at least trying. In the back of the class he could hear Louis Tomlinson, so called 'bad boy' and 'troublemaker', bragging about all the amazing stuff he does. Then the multiple times the teacher would call on the boy to shut up, only for Louis to sass back. The same thing going on over and over again in a circle. And Harry was so glad for the bell rang signaling another class.

With in fact the infamous Louis Tomlinson.

God Harry hated him, with a pure passion as well. And now that he's been moved up in a few classes, he takes the juniors classes. Harry is an incredibly smart freshman, who takes an English junior class. How, he wished he understood, maybe there'd be a way out. Now his schedule is shifted and has not only English, but the same lunch and gym. Which Harry finds quite demeaning, he's just a freshman he doesn't have the same body as the juniors or seniors in his class. And how embarrassing it is to change in front of them.

Now he must face that embarrassment. Luckily he wasn't alone. His best friend since second grade Niall Horan has the same gym class. Only because he's the only freshman on the varsity football team, and they slip in extra practice during that period.

"Hey mate." Harry was pushed into his locker slightly as his Irish friend patted his back rather roughly. Harry rolled his eyes and continued neatly putting his stuff away.

"Hey." He said shutting his locker and meeting the blue eyes of his best friend. Niall smiled brightly at him. The blond was always a happy go lucky guy. Looking at the brighter side of things, that's probably why he had so many friends. Harry was just a really smart kid that was irritated by everyone.

Harry walked down the hall beside Niall, quietly. While Niall greeted almost the whole school. He had an award winning smile and 'hey's to pass around. Harry kind of envied Niall, everyone loved him.

They entered the locker rooms and Harry was so desperate to change in the bathrooms or showers, but didn't want to seem like a wimp. So he sucked it up, got his clothes out of his locker, and began discarding his clothes. He really did try, but nothing could stop his wondering eyes. What could he say some of the guys were really fit.

The second Harry's shoes were on, he was out the door. He hated being in there, he always felt someone's eyes on him. He walked outside where gym was usually held.

He walked up the bleachers and began reading his book. Niall down below practicing with the seniors and juniors.

"Come on Haz, you gotta be my little cheerleader." Niall winked as Harry rolled his eyes.

"Go Niall, how's that?" Harry asked teasingly. "Perfect." Niall chuckled before running off to the field.

A few times Harry would look up, and Niall would give him a look. He'd roll his eyes before saying "Yeah Niall!" Then continue with his book.

-

"Then cops showed up, and what else was I supposed to do. I ran, all the way to a gas station around here. S'why I gotta run a low profile while in Manchester." Louis babbled on as students gathered around curiously, praising him like a god. Harry walked past him rolling his eyes. He didn't believe Louis' bullshit for one second. And hated the fact that he bragged about it.

"Wow that's so cool, Louis tell us some more stories." Eleanor, a girl Harry wasn't very fond of, said running a hand across Louis' chest. Harry wasn't actually fond of any of Louis' friends. Louis looked up and met Harry's eyes for a good second before looking back at the people at his table.

"Well there's this girl I did, guess I did so good, she can't stop calling me." Louis bragged as the girls starred at him lustfully, and guys envied him.

"He's so cocky, and arrogant. Ugh I hate him." Harry said sitting in front of Niall. "He's actually pretty great, once you get it know him." Niall said eating his hamburger. "And he's not bragging about himself."

"Exactly, all he does is brag about shit that he's probably never done." Harry said eating his apple. "I'm honestly done with his bullshit."

"Then confront him, tell him how much of a fraud he is." Niall shrugged as Harry chuckled sarcastically.

"That's like social suicide. As much as I hate it, Louis is pretty high up on the popularity scale, and I'm at the bottom. It'd be a lot better if you did it, you're friends with him." Harry said as Niall put down his hamburger for once.

"Exactly, I'm his friend, people will quickly find out that I'm a bad friend, and hate me. And they'd hear about it faster since I'm his friend." Niall said and continued eating.

"We'll just have to deal with Louis and his bullshit." Niall said as Harry huffed and looked over at the boy, who was once again telling another thrilling story.