Chapter 17

Sometimes Harry felt like he was being dramatic. Look at Liam for example, he lost his virginity while drunk to a guy that played it off as not a big deal. He had every right to be upset, but he wasn't like Harry, he was mature about it. Yes, he did get upset occasionally, but he sat and listened to Zayn. And now things are sort of fixed between them. Harry felt like him losing his first kiss was not as much of a big deal. At first, it was, because he wanted to have his first kiss with someone 'worthy', and, at the time, despised Louis. But he sort of blew it way out of proportion. Then Louis had to publicly humiliate Harry, when Harry attempted to communicate. And he still hasn't given a proper explanation.

But maybe Harry is being a bit dramatic. He should be more mature, like Liam. However, he still deserves an explanation from Louis. He had never experienced something like that. He was happy that day, dare I say, excited to talk to Louis. Then he got attacked and it hurt a lot.

"Harry, hey!" Harry snapped out of his daze and focused his eyes on Niall. "So Liam's today?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows, as he slowly came back to reality, before nodding. "Good, I got a ton of homework I need help with."

Harry turned and shoved his journal in his locker before shutting it. School. That's right, he still has school to focus on. And if he wants to keep up his good grades and stay in his advanced classes. He needed to focus on school. Not on Louis, even if things should be resolved at some point. Not on this stupid drama that isn't going to matter in a couple of years, maybe even months. And it doesn't really seem like Louis' making an effort to talk to him.

The bell rang pulling him from his thoughts. Assuming it was the first bell he didn't worry too much. However, when he finally shut his locker, he realized he was the only one in the hall.

"Shit." He said to himself before quickly running to his English class. He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't even hear the first bell, or the other students rushing to their class.

"I am so sorry, I didn't hear the bell." Harry said as soon as he stepped into the classroom. A few upperclassmen chuckled and giggled at Harry's exhausted and terrified state.

"It's fine Mr. Styles, just don't let it happen again. Here's your assignment, go join a group." The teacher said in a monotone. Harry gratefully smiled as he accepted the worksheet.

He turned and get his heart drop. He had to shooed a group to sit with. None of these kids wanted to work with him. He'd be that annoying intruding kid if he chose any group. They'd feel obligated to work with him. He could his hands start to shake and his breath quicken. Having dealt with anxiety before, he rather easily recognized the signs. Just the thought of him becoming anxious in front of the whole class only made him more anxious.

"Harry." Harry turned and get a sense of relief. Andrew grinned at him and gestured for him to join the group. Harry smiled back and joined the small group.

-

"So how much is all of this gonna cost?" Louis asked as Karen looked through some papers.

"Well these cases are a bit more simple, and you're a friend of Liam. So don't worry too much about paying right now, love." She smiled sweetly but only receiving a nervous one of Louis. "Don't worry, Louis, you won't get separated from your siblings."

"I hope not. Isn't there like a law that says after a certain age I can choose where I want to live?" Louis asked before feeling a tug on his shirt. He looked down and smiled at Ernest, before picking up the little boy and holding him in his lap.

"Yes, that's what I hope will win this case, your age. However, he could come at us with the fact that he's blood, and you have a half brother. We must be prepared for every possibility. How long have you been living with Dan?"

"Since he married my mum, about three and a half years ago." Louis responded after a bit of thought.

"Ok, and you hadn't visited your dad since you were ten, excluding the funeral, and his current attempts to contact you." She said reading from her notes and paperwork that spread out on the dining room table.

Louis nodded in confirmation, letting Ernest play with his hands. "Well this isn't so difficult to understand now." She said causing Louis to perk up and wait for her explanation. "He obviously just wants you for tax and money purposes. See, parents claim children on their tax records, so basically they don't get charged as much. You're currently under Dan's tax records, and Troy doesn't like that. This isn't about blood, but money."

Louis nodded once again, as if he completely understood what she was talking about. "Good, great, so there's a higher possibility of us winning?"

"Oh definitely Louis, don't worry too much and focus on keeping those grades up. I'll call you if I have anymore questions. And I'll make sure we meet up before the court date." Karen grinned and stood up. Louis put Ernie down and shook the woman's hand gratefully.

-

Liam laughed at Harry's face when the boy lost the game, again. "Why is it so difficult?" The boy whines as he and Liam walked down the hall.

Suddenly, someone ran up to Liam and engulfed him into a tight hug. Nearly knocking over Liam. Harry turned in confusion, only to see Louis drag Liam away down the hall.

"H-hey mate." Liam said awkwardly before Louis gave him another right hug.

"Thank you so much, Liam. Your mum is amazing, and I'm so grateful that you agreed to help me. Things would've been so differently for me if it wasn't for you and your mum. I-I can't thank you enough." Louis said as Liam genuinely smiled back at him.

"It's really not a problem, Louis-"

"I don't know what I would've done without you." Liam drowned when seeing tears pour down Louis' cheek. This was so weird, seeing Louis cry. It kind of hurt, a lot. Seeing someone like Louis crying. "I don't know what I would've done if I couldn't see my sisters, and I had to live with god awful dad. Thank you so so so much." Liam pulled Louis into a tight hug.

"Don't worry, Louis, I've always got your back ok." Before they had no reason to even look at each other. But now there was a sweet friendship blossoming between them. Liam really never imagined himself being embraced by Louis Tomlinson in the middle of the school day. But he didn't mind it.

"You too mate, if you need anything, literally anything, ever, I'm here for you." Louis said pulling away to look Liam in the eyes and give the boy his word.

A loud gasp was heard, catching both the boys' attention. They turned to see Niall staring at them with wide eyes before he ran off. Louis and Liam turned to each other in confusion, before deciding to ignore Niall's odd antics.

"So, my mum really thinks you guys will win? She doesn't usually like to give false hope to her clients." Liam said once Louis had stepped away from him.

"Yeah she does, she explained it all to me, but I'd didn't understand. I trust your mum's work." Louis responded causing Liam to feel a sense of pride.

"Yeah, my mums pretty great."

"More like amazing."

"Ok you can stop hitting on my mum." Liam teased with a playful glare. Louis let a laugh before patting Liam's back.

"Whatever Payne. Oh, my stepdad wanted to invite your family over for dinner tonight. But he can't cook so we'll be going to some restaurant." The pair laughed.

"Sounds great, it's gonna be cool to meet all fifty of your siblings." So this was it, he and Louis were basically best friends. They were laughing and talking like friends would. How could Harry go about disliking this guy? From Liam's perspective, Louis seemed really great.

"Hey, I have to get to class, see you later." Louis said, receiving a wave and a smile from Liam.

Liam continued down the hall, and grinned when spotting Niall and Harry. "Hey guys, I'm back." He said but frowned when receiving a glare from the both of them.

"What the heck, li?"