Chapter 6

(Draco)

Astoria waited on me hand and foot for the longest time, it really began to bother me.

"Drake, I've got your medicine for the hour." She said calmly.

Her ever present long sleeved shirt was there, unlike Hermione who wore her scar proudly.

I watched has she pulled of the cap and rested the now opened bottle on the table next to my bed.

"Asty." I began.

"I really do want her back." She cut me off.

"What?"

"I really want Granger back." She said seriously.

"I thought-"

"I do want to marry you Drake, but you don't love me. You love the girl that's out there," she said motioning to the window. "And I'm in here." She said motioning to herself. "I am never going to be the one you want."

I stained at her blankly. She's never been this forward with anyone let alone me.

Long before the idea of marriage came into my mind she has always hid everything, everything. From getting bullied by other classmates for taking muggle studies, to when someone would harass her. Even now she still never told us who it was, who took her virtue.

"Why now?" I asked.

"Because we are not little kids Drake." She said with a sigh.

"That does not answer my question."

"Well then what is it?"

"Why are you opening up now?"

"What do you mean?"

"You have never told us anything Asty!" I said angrily. "Do you know how hard that is? We are a family and someone is deciding to do everything on their own. That is not what families do."

"And what do you know about families Draco!?! You don't have one anymore!" She screamed.

"Your right I don't, because I left them, not the other way around." I said defiantly.

"I cannot just get up and leave Draco! I was not trained for war. I was trained to be a wife!"

"Maybe if you stopped trying to be a wife you might actually know how to protect yourself!"

"I can protect myself!"

"Then?"

"I can't."

"What?" I said, all anger in my voice lost.

"I can't protect myself." She said dimly. "I tried Drake. I tried so hard."

"Then?"

"I didn't lose Draco, I gave up."

"Why do you want to save Hermione?"

"Because I don't want her to do what I did." She said quietly. "I didn't lose my virtue back then, I gave it willingly."

"Then why did?"

"I could not say who... or everyone would have hated me even more."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm in love with the man Hermione loved."

"The-"

"And he still loves me too, it was not an isolated indecent." She said quickly.

"How long." I asked.

"Long before we ever thought anyone this would happen."

"And it lasted how-"

"He came a few weeks ago. Before you called me to come and live with you." She mumbled.

"And?" I asked knowing she want not explaining everything.

"I think I'm..." she mumbled holding her stomach.

I sat upright jerking the covers off the bed completely. I stood up and walked to her.

Placing my left hand on her stomach and my right to her cheek. "Oh Asty." I said softly.

I saw the tears well up in her eyes, "I'm sorry."

"I'm not, you know we will be here with you, you can't get rid of family remember." I laughed. I pushed the hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.

I turned to the door after hearing a shuffle behind it, "Come out you two." I called.

The door swung open to show Blaise with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face and Pansy with a happy grin. "Congrats." They said together.

I watched as they hugged each other tightly, this is my family. Its just missing two of its members.