Chapter 17

(Blaise)

I sat on the edge of Ginny's bed anxiously. She had fallen asleep a little after we got back home, well our new home.

After everything happened Draco decided to move us again, now we are far away from Britain. So far that it's no longer the annoying weather we know but rather fresh air.

The window to the room was open and the smell of flowers drifted in. I felt Gin shift slightly next to me, I looked down to see if she needed anything but she was still asleep.

I softly petted her hair, smoothing down the mess of red against my dark blue pillows.

"She's going to kill you if she wakes up to you doing that." A voice said from the background.

I turned to see Harry smiling at the sleeping girl.

"Hello, how are you doing?" I asked.

"Very well all things considered." He said as he walked to a chair in front of the bed and sat down quietly.

"I am sorry about-" I began.

"No need." Harry said with a smile.

"But you don't even know,"

"You were going to apologize for falling in love with Gin and for her falling in love with you." He said with a smile.

"How did-"

"Death does things to you, opens your eyes I guess." He said with a small laugh.

"Ah yes they used to say you were as observant as a brick wall." I said with a small laugh.

"Yes, I was an idiot. I let a beautiful girl go un-noticed for so long."

"How long did she-"

"Since I was a first year," He said quietly. "I never noticed her until a year before the war broke out completely."

"How did you know you liked her back?"

"I never did. Just one day it occurred to me, this girl has loved me so long and I never gave her another thought. That must be real love, and it is something I should never take for granted."

I watched him slowly, the way he spoke put me at awe. He just one day decided to make this girls world, it was both angering and sweet at the same time. I couldn't be angry at him.

"How did you know you loved Gin?"

"At the ball." I said softly.

"Ah so like Hermione and Draco." He said with a smile.

"Draco?"

"Yes, he didn't tell you? He flirted the night away with Hermione."

"Oh really? He never mentioned it." I said with a broad smile. "Then again he was probably worried that I would get him and Hermione hurt."

"I can see where he'd be worried. How is he planning on protecting her now?"

"Many men have turned their slaves into mistresses and use their children as slaves also, the children do not know that they are the father of course"

"So what happens if the child looks the the father?"

"Sometimes they will free them from slavery, from a young age mind you. They take the child away from the mother very young and just raise it away from the other children."

"That sounds horrible."

"That is not the worst of it, some people have begun breeding slaves to sell."

"What?"

"Yes, they get a couple women and a man and wait for the children to be born. Since they are half-bloods or considered muggle-borns they cannot be free."

"They are doing this to half-bloods now too?"

"Yes, it's very terrifying."

"How can someone do that to people?"

"They are not seen as people Harry. They are just slaves, meant to do as a master says."

"How will they keep track of who is related to who?"

"They have basic records but nothing extensive."

"So a cousins or even siblings may..."

"Cousins one is not that bad, that is pure-blood custom. You marry your second or third cousin to keep the blood line pure." I said with a shrug.

"So there is a chance we are all related to one another?" He asked.

"A very high one too. Your father was a pure so we might be. I think you and Draco may even be."

"Really?"

"Yes, Draco is part of the Black family line. When we were little we used to sit in front of the Black family tree and I remember a woman getting married to a man with the last name Potter. But their line was cut off because they only keep the direct decendents."

"Draco and I may be cousins. That would have changed a lot."

"Yes, imagine a world where Draco stood by your side from the start, the Dark lord would have been dead a long time ago." I said with a laugh.

"That is true, it would have been useful."

"I wonder what would have happened if we, Draco, Pansy, Asty, and I had been sorted into Gryffindor."

"Wouldn't your families?"

"They would have abandoned us all."

"Then why?"

"Because I dislike fighting for the wrong side so much. It hurts when I have to go to work everyday."

"It seems impossible to do it?"

"Yes, I go in knowing I may have to kill someone we attended school with. I may have to kill an innocent child, a first year who has their whole life ahead of them." I could feel tears dripping out of my eyes. It hurt so much to know I may not be able to do anything for them. I feel tears dripping down my face, all falling fast and hard. Suddenly I feel a soft hand on my back. I look up to see Gin awake and sitting up on the bed.

"It's okay, I know you would never hurt anyone willingly." She said softly.

"Blaise." Harry said gently.

"I am okay." I mumbled.

"Yes you are, because I am here." Gin said with a smile.

I held Ginny's hand tightly as Harry got up and made his way to the bed too. He sat down slowly and rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Things will be okay, because we will put an end to it." He said slowly. And I believe him, I believed him.