Chapter 11

(Hermione)

I awoke in a different room from before, this one had an uncomfortable bed with scratchy sheets.

"Ah Hermione your awake thank goodness." A voice said behind me.

"Hello?" I said softly.

"It's alright dear, as soon as I looked over you I knew you had memory loss." She said with a smile. "Madam Pomfrey dear." She said quickly after.

"Hello Ms. Pomfrey." I said quietly.

The woman seemed to have tears in her eyes as she walked up to me, very quickly she wrapped me in a light but meaningful hug. "We were all so scared for you dear."

"How do I know you?" I asked.

"I worked in the infirmary at Hogwarts. You, Ronald, and Harry were always in for something or another." She said with a laugh.

"We were?"

"Oh yes, there was even a point, when you were much younger, you went off to figure something out next day your in my infirmary from petrification." She said with a soft laugh. "You gave us all a scare, especially the boys."

"The boys?"

"Ronald and Harry of course." She said with a faint smile. "They wouldn't leave the offices when I told them to because they wanted to be with you."

"What about... what about Draco Malfoy?"

She got very quiet as if pondering information in her head. She finally sighed and bit and gave a knowing smile, "Back from petrification no, but in your later years when ever you would show up in my infirmary he would come, after hours of course."

I could feel a small smile grow on my face at the thought of us being kids. I've been told we didn't like each other, we were not even friends. Yet he would come check on me. It makes up for what he may have done in the past.

"You love Malfoy?" She asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes."

"Then why would you come here?"

"I didn't come willingly, nether did Ginny. People came in the night while Draco was away. I did not have my wand to duel all I had were basic potions I had made in spare time. They held us down and brought us here. I'm just thankful they did not hurt our friends there." I explained.

"Friends?"

"Yes, we are protecting a person who was betrayed by her own family." I said quietly, remembering Pansy talk about it before.

"Astoria?" She asked.

"Yes how did you?"

"She came by often as well. She wanted to study medicine and I would show her various ways. I thought this was her handy-work." She said while gesturing to my stomach.

I pressed my hand over my stomach softly remembering the ugly scars that littered my body. Astoria gave me some cream to help but they only became fainter just recently.

I really do miss her too. Even if she's engaged to Draco.

*flash back*

Yelling could be heard a ways away behind a closed door. I watched as Blaise walked around the room nervously. Pansy and I sat on one of the many large beds in this home. We watched as Ginny attempted to calm the boy down from his erratic movements.

"Pansy, what is going on?" I asked.

"Draco and Astoria are betrothed." She said calmly.

"And she's mad about..."

"No, she's not mad at you. She mad at Draco."

"Why?"

"Because Astoria has been in love with Draco for a long time, many girls have. Originally it was set up by their parents when they were young. That was before-"

"Before me?" I said glumly.

"No, before Astoria's family betrayed her."

"What?"

"Astoria could not stand the thought of ever becoming a death eater. When told to do so she refused. That is why she wears long sleeves now. She's branded as a blood-traitor."

"A blood traitor?"

"You are a muggle-born, but in pure blood eyes you are what's called a mud blood or dirty blood."

"I bleed red just like you?"

"But people become set in their ways and never change. Anyway a half blood is a child of a muggle and a witch or wizard.  Finally pure blood which is Ginny, Draco, Blaise, Astoria, and I have only wizarding ancestors. Meaning no muggle blood."

"But then what is a blood traitor? Someone who helps the others?"

"Yes, a blood traitor is a pure blood who sympathizes with muggles, muggle borns and low class half bloods."

"But that is insane. Why would you-"

"People get set in their ways and stay there forever."

*End of flashback*

"Madam," I said softly.

"Yes dear?" She asked stepping back giving me room.

"You said you knew I had memory loss. Could you fix it?" I asked.

"Well-"

"Hermione!" A voice said from the door.

I looked back to the kind woman who has already done much for me and could be my way back to normal frown a bit. She bowed her head only to raise it again. "Be carful with miss Granger she just woke up after all." She said quietly then left into a different door.

Neville, Ginny, and a few other red haired people came in giving me hugs and smiles.

"Mrs. Weasley lock the door." Neville said quietly.

I watched as a short and stout woman walk to the doors locking them then whispering incantations on them.

"All set Neville." She called back.

"We have information about Draco." Neville said calmly.

I felt joy attempt to breach. "Is he coming?" I asked.

"Actually, we are planning on taking you back to him." Ginny said with a smile. "And I get to be with Blaise again."

"Really??" I said happily.

"Yeah, I don't like the bastards but they can care for you two." A different boy said quietly. He had red hair, and a worn look on his face.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"George," He said with a smile, "and your our adopted sister so giving the two permission means a lot."