Chapter 25

(Draco)

"Then someone is taking the slaves meals." I said, turning to the pot bellied man who tried to harm Luna. My Luna.

~~~

"Well I do not know who would do such a thing. I mean we have records of all the meals distributed here at the manor." The dark lord said.

"Ask the man who has been taking care of her." I said pushing the man forward.

"Well what do you have to say for your self?" The dark lord asked.

"W..we have been. I was given orders too-" He stuttered.

"Spit it out." I growled.

"I was told to reduce her meals, that it would make her talk faster." He stammered out.

"And who was it that gave you these orders?"

"Greyback." He mumbled quietly.

"Why?"

"Because he wanted her. Saying her father would comply as long as he knew she was being treated poorly. He had done it before." The man said quickly.

"What did you all want out of her father?" I asked.

"I don't know!" I man pleaded. "I just did as I was told."

"Is there anything we can-" I began.

"No. Greyback does as he pleases. I have granted him and his pack immunity." The dark lord said calmly.

"But they are-" I began.

"Enough Draco! Know your place!" He growled. "Keep insisting I would think your loyalty is wavering."

"It would never my lord." I said, my voice hardening.

"Just making sure." He said grimly.

"My loyalty will never waver." I said with a smile.

"That is true, unlike your father you know what will happen to the traitors."

"Of course, it is my job after all." I said quietly.

"Good now the two of you leave my sight at once!" He commanded.

I stepped out with the pugy man and calmly walked into the corridor, as soon as the man was out he darted off not wanting to see just what I had in store for him.

I began walking about the corridors of the large house I spent my childhood in.

I walked up to my old room when a smile appeared on my face.

Still standing was a large wall to wall bookcase I had installed for Hermione.

Sitting on the soft couch as a simple book with a silver feather sitting in the pages. I opened it up with so see the drops of blood that at once was hidden from sight.

What what she reading at the time of the attack?

Clearly she was reading, she was always reading.

Although she doesn't do that as much anymore, now she is more of a hands on person.

I thought of when Blaise and Ginny wanted to teach her about spells.

She nervously stood there with her wand in her hands as Ginny stood beside her. It was their new rooms we had made for them.

The walls were all white, were was the key word in that.

Blaise decided that it could be fun to teach her spells that cannot give negative effects like harming people yet. So they taught her to change colors.

By the end of the day the room was shades of blues and greens and my hair was somehow gold and red.

Though I could she Ginny and Pansy laughing the smirk Blaise had on his face was unmistakable. Hermione didn't fully understand the meaning behind my hair color but she did remember they were her house colors.

Though I am glad Hermione is finally getting her memory back it makes me so scared. She might see me as who I was.

A monster.

The one who tormented her since the age of 12.

She was going to see me as a vile no good man.

Worse than Voldemort himself.

Because though Voldemort wants her dead no reason other than her blood  I tormented her for the exact same reason. I followed in his steps without ever asking myself if this was the right thing, I just assumed it was.

I am the real monster.

I could not take this anymore, there are just too many memories.

I apperated back to our home, to see Luna sleeping soundly on the couch and Ginny sitting across from her.

"Hi." She said calmly as soon as  I popped in.

"Gin." I said quietly.

"Hermione is doing fine don't worry. We had a few mishaps when you were gone but we took care of them." She said with a smile.

"What happened?" I asked quickly.

"Blaise told her you were fighting for Luna on the death eater front and she panicked. She looked so scared, almost as if the thoughts of you never coming back were crossing her mind. The fact that you didn't come home when he did didn't help."

"What had happened next?"

"Pansy and Blaise got her to calm down some more." She said with a smile, "I was surprised how much Pansy cared for Luna. When Hermione started panicking Pansy was so focused she returned back to last names."

"That is because Luna was our first friend from a different house," I replied, "she gave us a chance when no one else would. So we protect her like our own."

"I knew Luna wasn't judge mental but I didn't know she was friends with you all."

"She was so kind. She even offered to keep it a secret so people will not look down on us. Though of course we knew her true meaning. She didn't want us to be put in danger for being friends with a good friend of Harry Potter, and she didn't want us to be put in a position to hurt their friend." I said with a smile.

"Yeah, she seemed to always be one step ahead of everyone else."  She laughed, more than likely thinking of fond memories of Luna. "Hey Draco," she said suddenly, "imagine if Luna had been the chosen one."

I smirked at the thought of it. "Then Voldemort would have been dead in by year three tops."

"Nah I am betting on year two." She said with a laugh.

"I can see it." I replied.

"Draco,"

"Yeah."

"Mione is upstairs in the room you all share. She should be asleep after Astoria gave her a sleeping potion with all that had been happening. You should go surprise her when she wakes up."

"I will." I said with a smile as I walked up the stairs.