Chapter 27

(Draco)

"Mione." I said calmly getting her attention. She looked up from her book, staring at me curiously. I noticed in her hands was a Divination textbook. "What do you have there?"

"I found this wonderful book. It's very interesting about how we are able to predict the future by simply boiling tea leaves. We should do it and see what is in store for us." She said happily.

"Hermione what are you talking about. You do not actually believe that rubbish." I protested.

"Why shouldn't I? We live in a magical world where people fly on brooms and teleport themselves places. Why is this not true?" She asked.

"Because this is not plausible. There is logic behind the other things if you look into this. Divination has been disproven multiple times. Some do not even believe it's a real class anymore." I continued.

"Well I think you are just hard headed. It will not happen if you are determined to make it not. And it don't think it will give the full future, just open us up to possibility." She explained.

"Where is Astoria?" I asked.

"Downstairs why?"

"I am getting her right now." I said while summoning  my patronus.

"Wait why?" Hermione asked.

"Because there is something wrong with you Hermione. Anyone who went to school with you knows you cannot stand Divination to the point you dropped it as a class. It was the only class you did not take!"

"Well maybe I like it now? Didn't that ever cross your mind?"

"You never changer your mind on anything, even when you are wrong. That is how I know something is wrong with you." I said sternly.

"Draco I got the message what is happening?" Astoria said rushing into the room.

"Get a vile of truth serum. We have some questions to ask her."

"Draco this is crazy!" Hermione yelled.

"Asty get the others, they deserve to see this."

I held Hermione's left hand as Astoria came back with everyone else then took her right.

"Blaise. Do it." Ginny said calmly.

I watched as the liquid rushed down her throat silently.

"Who are you?" Blaise asked.

"Hermione Granger." Hermione said pleadingly.

"Who is controlling you?" Luna said softly.

"I do not know." She said quietly.

"When did this happen?"

"Draco and Blaise had left. Pansy and Astoria said it was okay and we could come out of the room." She said as the girls visibly stiffened. "I was walking around in the gardens when someone hit me. That is all I remember."

"You let her out!" I growled at the girls.

"We didn't think there was any harm in it!" Pansy said defensively.

"Well clearly there was!" I replied.

"So what she can only go out when you are here? That is not fair to Hermione."

"But I need to protect Hermione!"

"Draco," Luna said calmly, "If you lock her up like this you are not better than Ron. That was what he wanted to do because he thought by doing that she would be safe. Hermione deserves to do as she pleases but we should be more observant. Who knows how to remove what ever curse it was on her?"

"I can." Blaise said calmly.

Within minutes Hermione was free of the curse that had plagued her.

"Hermione, can or well could they see what you saw when you were under the um..." I muttered.

"Yes." She said with blush on her cheeks.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"Why what did you all oh god...." Blaise muttered.

"Oh you didn't know they had sex?" Luna said casually.

"Luna!" Pansy and Ginny lectured.

"It is true they did." Luna said again.

"How would you know?" I asked.

"Because she has the glow."

"What glow?" Hermione said paranoid

"The sex one. It is not hard to find." Luna said with a smile.

I saw Hermione sigh in relief, the prospect of a child in this world. It's to terrible to even want one, have them grow up in isolation and fear. That is not what a childhood should be like and I should know.

I never want my children to go through that. I must end this war.

Not only for her, but for our future.