Chapter 18

(Neville)

I watched over the various stations silently. The worst of the damage is over, I hope.

Arthur is in the hufflepuff commons close by us with all of the young children.

Suddenly a small hand pulled on me gently, I turned to see a young girl with large brown eyes and soft white hair, almost like Malfoy's if he didn't slick it back when we were younger.

"Unc- Mr. Neville." She said softly.

"Are you hurt?" I asked gently, getting down on my knees to see her better.

A blush covered her face as she swayed her head back and forth, "No." He voice said gently.

"It's not safe for you to be out here." I said calmly. I looked to her neck and a golden chain prodded out, there was a small circular lump by her stomach. "You have a time turner." I said softly.

"Mommy says that Neville is calm, brave, and will know the right thing to do."

"Who is your mommy?"

"Attack!" A voice screamed in the background.

I turned to see various death eaters coming in through the kitchen doors.

"The children!" I screamed.

I watched as Molly and her team began fighting the left flank of death eaters as I directed my team to fight the right.

Many of our fighters are wounded due to the attack only hours before.

This would be a suicide.

"Everyone follow me!" I screamed, then apperated away. I prayed everyone could follow if not my apperation the someone who followed me.

I looked around and saw no one.

I waited another minute.

Nothing.

I began panicking, they had to have made it out by now.

Suddenly people started appearing.

In the dozens.

I sighed and leaned my back against a tree close to the clearing.

I saw Seamus appear and run over to me. I felt his arms wrapped around me and hug me tightly.

"I was so scared, I cannot lose you to you arse!" He screamed at me.

"You found me, that's all that matters."

"Of course I found you, everyone was thinkin' you went off to hogsmeade but I knew it would be here. You had been talking about it for so long after all. "

"Yeah, yeah. Since Hermione came back I have been thinking about it."

"How again did you find this place?"

"Hermione brought me here, a long time ago. The forest of Dean."

"We are going to avenge him right?" Seamus asked.

"Yes, we are going to make sure Dean is going to be remembered. I promise."

"I don't know what to do anymore Neville. I feel so lost."

"We fight for the world he wanted, and we do what it takes to create a world where we all can be safe." I said gently.

I watched as my friend had tears streaming down his face, I could not do anything for him.

"He is with Abbott, the Dean person. Someone told the dark lord about his relationship with your right hand man. They have Abbott and him in the same location but I do not know their statuses. It is up to you if you want to tell him but all I know is that Abbott is okay because they know about your relationship. They are hoping for you to try and save her in hopes to catch you and end the rebellion."

These were the words Draco said. Dean could be alive, but he does not know for sure. It is not safe to tell him this because he may want to progress the plans faster than normal and they could be compromised.

"What are the death counts?" I asked swallowing hard.

"We lost more people in this little battle too." Seamus said sadly.

"Who?"

"Hector Rich and Amy Rodriguez. They both were part of the team protecting the young children. Before they got to us they attacked them and it was a hard battle. According to reports based on the survivors they were battling well over 20 death eaters with only a small team of five."

"And how many death eaters survived?"

"None. According to the others there were about 15 left when the two of them said to go and get the children out. The two fought them all off themselves and killed all of them."

"Do we have their bodies?"

"No, they are still at hogwarts. We will need to go back soon to put them to rest."

"We will have to send a small team to go and burry them quickly then come right back. I say we wait a few days before so we know it will be safe."

"I understand, I just don't want anyone else to suffer."

"Hey we will get through this, we made it this far right?" I said softly.

"Right."

I looked around to see all able bodied people setting up stands to place those who cannot move or are too injured.

The healers are working their hardest as children watch from a safe distance how to heal. A few of the children are even being taught by the older students what and how to do it.

I watch as that silver haired girl seemed to know what she was doing. She to went from body to body healing minor cuts and wounds letting the older children focus on the larger most pressing issues.

She wore a smile as she ran about helping everyone, as if it was something she was born to do. Helping people because it's what's right.

I could almost see her silvery hair turn into brown puffy curls, she already had the smile and eyes of Hermione. It seems she has her soul and heart too.

"You have no idea how brave you are Neville, I could never be as calm as you are when you are confronted with a problem. You always know what to do, if I was ever in a bad situation you know I always come to you." Hermione had said to him, the ever first time she brought him here.

No this is impossible, but she has a time turner.

Just like Hermione did when we were young.