Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

My neck and head hurt so much.

'Eve, please wake up.'

Spitz sounded oddly far away. As if he was down a long hallway rather than right inside my head. Where was he? Where was I? Too many questions.

I cracked open my eyes that were caked with sand. The sun was no longer up, oh no. I sat up quickly then hissed and grabbed my head. I squinted for a bit until Spitz sighed with relief.

'There is a woman across the hut watching you. And you're being guarded by three men all around the hut so you won't escape. They're treating you like royalty since you fell from that tree.'

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that there was indeed an older woman sitting across the hut from me. She had a really long face, dark skin, and bright green eyes. Her skin was covered i bright yellow paint and she wore mostly beads to cover certain parts of her body.

She stared at me for a long time and I stared back at her. What did she want from me? Why hadn't they killed me right after I fell into their wave? Did they want me for something?

Finally the lady pointed to me then pointed to her wrist. I looked down at my wrist. My sleeve to hide Spitz was gone and he was in full view. Eyes closed and not moving at all. What did she want with him? Did they see him blow fire? I bet they did. Everyone from the station probably saw it too, it was that big.

I looked back up at the old lady and she was still gesturing to her arm and me.

"What?" I asked finally.

Her eyes widened in fear and surprise, "I understand you."

I raised my eyebrows, "good, then you can tell me what you want with me."

She shook her head, "it does not work that way."

"It can," I rolled my eyes, "you can make it easier."

She let out a long sigh, "wait here child."

What is it with everyone calling me a child?!

The old lady got up from her chair and I almost scooted back on the blanket I was laying on. She was at least ten feet tall. However, she didn't look tall and lanky, she looked muscular and normal. Just everything seemed to be amplified in size.

She left the hut and I was alone with Spitz.

'They probably think you're some kind of god after the Dark Elves made me blow fire.'

I almost scoffed at that. They probably think I'm dangerous. They're going to kill me. Maybe I accidentally burned someone on the way down from that tree. Oh no, they're going to kill me because I fell on someone and killed them with fire.

'Whatever you're thinking about, stop it.'

I clenched my fist and looked down at Spitz. His eyes were still closed.

'You started breathing really heavy. You usually do that when you over-think.'

He was a little too observant. Sometimes it helped, like how he knew all about this hut and the guards around it. However, now that he is pointing out things that I do, it's no good anymore.

'Take deep breaths and I'll help you get out of here.'

It took everything in me not to roll my eyes and snap reply back at him. It was because of him blowing fire that we were in this mess. I realize its not his fault entirely because Starla and her gang of evil decided to make him do it for god knows why.