Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-two

Wasting no time, I ran to help Spitz. He was focusing on encasing the black dragons body in ice while the dragon itself was trying to free its head. He wasn't having much luck either, Spitz ice was hard as a rock. This made the black dragon even angrier.

Okay Eve, you can do this.

I stopped at the water's edge and took one deep breath. This is the final battle. This is for Spitz, so that he and I can live another day together. This is for Tela, so she can get help after this and live more of her life. This is for Ashley, so she can become a real warrior. This is for Kamer, so I can bring his body back to his family and tell his wife that he was a real hero today. This is for Starla, so I can kick her ass.

I sucked in a deep breath again and pointed my hands out in front of me to aim at the black dragon. "Ice it is."

The lake water shot up into the sky towards the black dragon, as soon as it hit his body, the water solidified and froze. Wallace Henry screamed, the dragon tried to scream. It was unable to move now that the entire lake was encasing its whole body. Spitz still continued to cover it with ice, in case part of the cocoon became weaker than the rest.

Wallace Henry was screaming bloody murder now. Ashley and Tela were holding him down. I turned back to face them and stomped over to Wallace Henry. When I got there I made a casing full of ice over my right fist and punched him across the face as hard as I could.

When he turned his head back to me he was smiling with blood in his teeth. "You won't win against them. They'll kill you and your dragon and all your cute little friends and there's nothing you can do to stop them. Might as well turn over to our side now."

I clenched my teeth and furrowed my eyebrows. He was wrong about that. Even if I had to do this all myself, I was going to make sure the Dark Elves were gone for good this time. "I'm going to finish what you couldn't during the war."

I wound up my ice fist and punched him again. He came back laughing and Ashley let go of him. I turned to my friend angrily wondering what the hell she was doing and she collapsed. There was blood covering her shirt in the front. Something had hit her from behind. It looked like a spear. She laid on her stomach and I quickly fell to my knees to help her.

Tela screamed, Wallace Henry laughed, and I tore the spear out of Ashley's back. No, no, no, this is not real. We were winning. We were going to beat Wallace Henry and save the universe.

I rolled Ashley over, her eyes were wide open and she was not focused on anything. Her chest wasn't even rising or falling anymore.

That was it?

Tela screamed again and Wallace Henry stopped laughing. I looked up. Tela had a rock, and Wallace Henry's face was smashed to bits.

Was that all it took?

Tela fell to the ground and started to sob. I wouldn't move. I couldn't. What just happened? Spitz landed on the ground close to me. I kept looking at Ashley. She still wasn't moving. Tela was still sobbing.

I brushed her hair out of her face. A tear fell. There was no more roaring, no more fighting. Just a sinking feeling starting in my stomach. Tela killed Wallace Henry. His dragon was no more. Wallace Henry killed Ashley. She was no more.

That was it, I guess.