Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-one

The piece of wood I was making hover over the lake wasn't the best idea. I have never made anything help me fly before so I was holding onto it for dear life. Wallace Henry made the lake into a battle field or water and ice. It was blocking me from getting to Ashley and Tela too, so that was out of the question.

I couldn't just grab them and run. I need to actually fight this out.

First things first, find solid ground. Flying is really not for me. I slowly moved the piece of dock to my left as to make it look more like I was struggling to stay up in the air rather than planning my way to get down. Better to make Wallace Henry I'm doing something else rather than what I have planned.

I even made it wobble a whole lot more than I felt comfortable with.

'I can help.'

Before I knew what to even respond to Spitz with, there came a loud roar in the distance. I looked down at Wallace Henry.

He looked behind himself and off into the distance. I took that as my chance to land this death board I had created for myself. He didn't see me touch the ground, and I let out a sigh of relief when I stood there safely.

He heard the sigh somehow however. Wallace Henry turned and looked at me dead in the eye and the water calmed instantly.

I sucked in a breath and froze, then a giant dragon appeared from behind Tela and Ashley. They both started to scream and squirm around from their positions tied to the trees. The dragon was so big, its wings alone must have been fifty foot long each. Probably more.

It was black in colour with bright green eyes and it looked right at me, I couldn't help but take a step back.

This is really not good. I might just pee my pants.

The dragon roared again and my arm started to burn. I looked down at Spitz and saw he was glowing brightly.

I heard a crazy laugh and looked up to Wallace Henry as my arm burned like crazy. He was laughing uncontrollably and clutching his stomach with his head thrown back. Why was he enjoying this so much?

Glancing back at Spitz for a split second, I saw that he was pushing off my arm. Okay, I know this is supposed to happen but I didn't think it would be this painful.

The large black dragon stepped over the trees and halfway into the lake. He was super close to me now and I did not like that. There came a bright beam of light from my arm and Spitz head was now in front of me. He grew three sizes when he came off my arm but, still nothing compared to the dragon about to attack us.

He was standing on the ground in front of me like an attack dog ready for my signal. I couldn't give it. He doesn't have a chance against that thing.

The dragon roared so loud that it sent a wind of gross dragon breath our way. My hair flew back behind me and I squinted my eyes because it was so bad. What am I even supposed to do in this moment of time?

Can I use his attacks against him like I did back in the battle arena at school? Because right now I'm freezing like we did back on the football field. I need to take action like this is Shosle again. I just have no ideas.

'Eve...'

Spitz voice made me jump a bit. Right.

The dragon made a little growl sound, "Spitz can you blow fire?"

He made a weird hesitated move and I took that as he didn't know. "Why am I asking? I can spit fire." Ha spit. Stop it Eve.

The larger dragon again took a step towards us then opened its mouth, the back of its throat started to turn black and my eyes went wide. He doesn't have fire.

I threw my hands up in front of me and fire shot right from them. It went right for the dragons mouth and hit the back of his throat where the black smoke was forming. He took a step back, almost like a stumble, and closed his mouth. The fire seemed to have irritated him, but not enough.

"You can't kill a dragon that's already dead Eve, so just give up," Wallace Henry yelled at me. What does he mean dead dragon?

Kamer had in fact told me that Wallace Henry had lost his dragon in the fight, but this was his dragon right here... So it couldn't have been killed... What if it had been? Wallace Henry would have no magic and not been able to bring it back.

Who brought back his dragon?

The dragon roared again and Spitz couldn't take it any longer, he shot up into the sky. What was he doing? I needed to figure this out before he fought something we could never defeat in the first place! If we just fight it without any reason or way to actually defeat it then we'll run out of energy, lose our guard, and die.

I don't want to die.

I can't die. I need to fight Starla and her gang of evil still.

Spitz flew up, higher than the black dragon and let out a series of roars that were not as scary and impressive as the black dragon. The black dragon actually watched him for a little bit, a little amused almost. Great. My dragon is just going to make himself look like an idiot.

Now when we die, we'll have no dignity.

He got above the other dragons head and made him look up as best he could. Then Spitz opened his mouth and let out a spray of ice. My eyes widened as the ice covered the entire head of the black dragon. He stumbled around while Spitz dodged his flailing head and when he brought his front legs to swat at him, he dodged those too.

"Get it!" Wallace Henry screamed angrily. He was watching their battle.

I started to run towards him. He was too distracted by the dragons to realize what I was doing. When I finally reached him, I tackled him to the ground. I heard a muffled scream come from his dragon as I winded him. They have to be connected somehow.

I punched him in the face twice then got up and ran over to my friends. Great, who am I supposed to untie first?

I went to Ashely. Her eyes looked at me as if I was insane. Why was I untying her first? "Tela probably doesn't have magic and I need to you to beat up Wallace Henry while I help Spitz with the dragon."

She nodded once, she understood why I went to her first.

I untied her hands and she went on to untying her feet. I ran over to Tela and started to untie her hands but felt a hand come over my mouth and pull me back. My neck snapped uncomfortably and I knew that would hurt a lot more later.

I flung around and pushed him away but he was stronger than me. Then he was pulled away, some of my hair being trapped in his fist. Ashely was there, punching him in the face. Now time to move.

Tela almost had her hands untied all the way but I helped her finish. "Help Ashely keep him away from the dragon," I was really out of breath already. I hope this goes the way I want it to.

I turned back to the two dragons and saw the black on banging his head on a collection of rocks while Spitz blew ice at different parts of him to freeze him. Good job Spitz.