P!NK .......{14.1}

Chapter 14: One step at a time (Part 1)

(Kelsey's POV)

"I'm sorry I-" "No! This wasn't suppose to happen." "Baby please calm down. I-" He clasped his hands around me throat and pushed me down the stairs. My scream was loud enough for someone to hear but no one could hear my cries. I groan as I touched my stomach to see blood. I was losing my baby and no one will find me. I slowly got up leaving my bloody hand prins on the walls trying to yell for help when he slammed the door on my face. "Damnit! somebody help me!!" I sat on the steps screaming and groaning until my white shirt was covered in blood. I slowly pulled my jeans off and banged on the door once more. I closed my eyes and pushed. "Help!" I screamed once more until I was screaming louder than ever before. I heard the cry come out of me. I paused and breathed deeply as I reached for my bloody child. "Breathe! Please!" I patted her bloody back until she started to cry.

I smiled and cried once more. I craddled her to my chest until the door burst opened. "You have to help me and my daughter she was just born! help me please!" "Kelsey!" The nurse ran with blankets and a stretcher. I felt faint as the bright lights shined upon my face as I could hear the other students looking at me and shocked with whispers and cries. "She's Hemorging! Get her to the hospital now!" "My baby!"

The lights faded as I heard the ambulance roaring its siren down the street. My baby's crying stopped and I knew she wouldnt make it.

(Jenny's POV)

I was 50% positive that I felt sorry for her and her baby and I was almost 50% sure that it was her boyfriends fault. I breathed slowly and watched the crowd run out to see what happened while I went the other way trying to find her so called boyfriend. I peaked around the corner as I heard doors slam all in union. I stopped in the middle of my tracks and slowly breathed in the chilling air around me. "So you know my secret." My heart was beating rapidly in my chest as the words leaving his mouth left me speechless.

"Why did you do that. I hate kelsey as much as the next person but that was just wrong! She could have died and it would have been your fault as it still is if her baby dies!" "You just don't know how mad I felt when she told me she was prego. I can't have a chlild. I got too much living to do." "Damn you! Ive been through hell for the past month Ive fucking been here. Your daughter! You want her to grow up with out a father? And what will Kelsey say? You're suppose to love her and comfort her if your daughter dies. But how can you do that when you fucking pushed her down the stairs in the basement while she tried to perform child birth! No one could hear her muffled screams. She reached for you! She begged you! And you're the ass that put her life on the line!" I turned around to face him to see the police with guns pointed to his head. "I-" It was too late. The guns went off before he could even say "Sorry"

I screamed his name as the guns went off 3 more times until his body hit the floor. Mark's arms were around me. he was smoothing my hair as I screamed and cried as they took his body away. And when the cop headed toward me I fainted in Mark's arms.

No

No

NO

no!

"Jen!" I woke up in his arms in the emergency room. "I- he was dead an- and- and he!" "Breathe Jen. talk to me I'm right here." "He killed him. He tried to kill me." "Who Jen who?" "The cop. I killed him once and now he's back! Its impossible!" "Jen there was no cop walking toward you." "Yea-" "Jen look at me." I turned and looked into his eyes slowly breathing and follwing every breath he made. "Jen there is no cop. the cop your talking about died in a massive car crash." "How'd you know about that?" "It was my dad's partner." "Mark I need to tell you something." "What is It?" "I don't know but its something in my gut and I need you to trust me. I dont know how I know but you have to make sure Kelsey's baby is ok." "She's fine why?" "She- I think one of them is going to die?" "How do you know?" "She had her baby born in a basement with no training and the baby is premature so one them is going to die. I hate to say it but I mean its just the truth and I feel bad for them." Mark laid my head gently on the seat beside me as I breathed and closed my eyes as he ran into the next room.

(Mark's POV)

Her body lay on the bed pale blue and she turns toward me as I sit directly across from her. "Mark," She breathed slowly. Her eyes lit up as she reached for my face. "No kelsey dont." "Is she alright?" "I dont know. Im worried about you both right now." "Mark I didnt want this to happen." "I know you didnt but now you or her is gunna die and I dont want that to happen." "Mark its me. " "Dont say that!" "Mark we both know I'm not living anymore." "Stop it!" "Mark...my big brother. I love you. Take care of Jen for me. " I reached for her hand and squeezed it tightly as the tears slid down her face. "My baby's name is Evangeline. Take care of her please." "Kelsey..." Her hand slowly slipped from my fingers as the the line went flat and her eyes closed forever.