Chapter 2: Discoveries

"Hurry get me a needle and thread!" Scorch yells!

Scorch is a nurse with golden blonde hair with brown streaks put up in a high ponytail, wearing glasses, a blue nurse outfit and her favorite blue and white tennis shoes.

"Here!" her helper says handing her a needle and thread.

She starts to sew up the boy that she was helping. He winces in pain as the stiches begin to close his gash on his hand. Scorches helper pats the blood that wells up on his hand with a towel. The boy is dressed in a black jogging suit with short matted down hair, light green eyes with freckles and a white pair of tennis shoes.

"How did you do to get this cut on your hand and a big bump on your head? Do you remember your name?" Scorch asks.

Scorch finishes her job and cuts the thread then her helper takes over adding antibiotics to his hand to stop it from being infected.

The boy replies; "Well I remember that I was running through the woods for a marathon and my name is Blaze."

Scorch takes over once more and begins wrapping his hand with some gauze.

"So do you want anything for your head?" Scorch asks curiously to the slightly attractive boy.

"No, I think my head will be alright. Thanks though... hey, when will you be on your lunch break?" Blaze asks wonderingly.

"Well, right about now. You were my last patient until my lunch break, and I need to kill some time so want to get some pizza? We can walk there." Scorch replies.

"So how are you a nurse at so young, you are young right?" Blaze cradles his hand. Scorch shrugs as she takes her latex gloves off. "My mom is a nurse and took me out of school on certain days to learn. I just kinda picked up on the thing and wallah here I am. My school has a nursing program to help kids get their college courses done faster if they want to go into medical" Blaze looks at her, "yeah the whole marathon-running thing is my thing even though I am fifteen all my friends are like, Why don't you be a normal kid? And I'm all like, I am normal I just like to run." Scorch laughs. "Yeah being the only fifteen year old nurse in this place is weird, but my mom normally passes me off to the younger generation like little kids and you so I don't deal with crazy adults."

They walk out of the hospital doors when a dark blue car pulls in front of them, Ash steps out of the car and grasps their arms.

Blaze jerks his arm away "hey what are you doing?" He clenches his hand in pain realizing the fast movement hurt.

"I'm saving your lives!" Ash replies.

"What are we in danger from?" Blaze asks questioningly.

"You're in danger of...Dying and or getting kidnapped by some very bad people." Ash replies.

Blaze sighs, "fine I'll go. Wait, how do I not know that you are not with these very bad people?"

Ash rolls her eyes, "I am not, so please get into the car; you have to trust me!"

Scorch and Blazes shove themselves in the back seat along with the other two.

Pyrah's eyes widen as she looks at blaze, "Blaze?" Blaze looks at her as well, "What are you doing here?" Pyrah crosses her arms, "I should ask you that as well mi amigo."

Ash clears her throat and interrupts them "Alright my name is Ash, the reason why I got you off the streets is because you all are now part of the H.Q.T.D.L.S. That stands for the Healers, Quickies (the fast ones), Techies (the brains), Defenders, Leaders and Silent ones. We have had our eyes on you four for quite some time now, but we need more gifted now more than ever. Each one of you as I can tell has one of these powers. Blaze you are a quickie, Scorch you are a healer, Pyrah you are a defender, and Sparks you are a techie, I am taking you all to the training center and, the driver his name is Freddy, my brother in law. I know this is kind of a shock to all of you, but you will learn to use your powers for something great. If this makes you feel any better, here is a demonstration just hold hands for this please." They all grab hands and Ash closes her eyes. "Whoa I can see colors around you Sparks!" Pyrah shouted.

"I can see colors around you too Pyrah I can see everyone's color around them in this car." Blaze looks at Scorch astonished. "Scorch I can see your color its green! What's mine?" "Well yours is a yellow Scorch replies." Ash lets go of Pyrah and Scorch's hands.

"Now you see you each have a special power, those colors help resemble and let me see what kind of powers you could hold."

Blaze was curious about the idea of having a gift

"Madam um we are almost to the headquarters." Freddy says in his British accent.

"Thanks Freddy." Ash replies.

Sparks asks a strange question. "Ash what is your power?"

Everyone is staring at her quietly. "Well you see my power is extremely hard to explain. If you see, that was a small demonstration. I can find other gifted, and create an artificial landscape in a small bubble and cause my enemy to see what he or she wants to see but I need an element in my hand like sand or a leaf." She grabs a rock out of her pocket and demonstrates by creating a small metallic bubble within the palms of her hands. My power is peculiar and uncommon so my power falls under the division of the leaders and very few are left. Most of them are captured, that is why the groups came to unite to attempt to save the divisions. A power never dies out though; it's always passed on in some form." They pull up into an abandoned mall parking lot. "We are here!" Freddy says.

"Alright follow me everyone," Ash says. The team clambers out of the car,  Ash begins speed walking to the abandoned mall, and then disappears within ten feet.

Everyone looked puzzled and walked slowly with Blaze holding his hand and Pyrah with her fists up.

As they get closer, Ash returns from the strange force field looking thing. "Well are you slow pokes coming or not? Come in." She points a hand to the force field as they all slowly walk through.

Inside there were seven large buildings each one with a letter on it .The first building they passed had a large grey H painted on the side of it with a double door that was green with a symbol on it. "Scorch this is where you will be stationed but not now you all will be trained to use your powers better." Ash points as they were walking by.

They sauntered by a building with a large grey S on the side with a white door Ash picks up the pace "the silent ones used to stay there but they were all captured a long time ago here are not any silent ones left I had a close friend who was a silent she is not here anymore."

The next building they came across had a large grey T on it with a blue hanger door on the front side with a strange compass. " This place is where the smartest or the techies stay they invent all our technology they invented this dome where we can stay safe form the evil." Ash explained.

The next building had a picture of a flag on it with a huge grey Q on the side it had a large double door entrance painted yellow. They kept walking Ash points out at the Q building then the other buildings "The quickies stay there. The red door building with the grey D is the defenders and the l building with the brown door is the leaders last but not least where you guys will be staying for a while, the Y building is for trainees like you all."

Ash hits her hand on the door then opens it; inside there are 6 stations each one corresponding to a specific power with a window of  slightly frosted glass looking inside, with each of the symbols etched on it, there were people in training in each area. "You will learn everything you need to know about your power for the next couple of months here. If you need any medical help go to the Healer's den just to the left of you."

They stop at a black steel door at the end of the hall, a tall boy wearing a black jumpsuit comes walking up behind them. "This is where you will be staying for a while as you can see they are separated into two halls behind these doors boys on one side and girls on the other now move it move it c'mon pick up your feet by the way the name's ..."

Ash rolls her eyes and turns around "Ugh go back to your team Laketon I am the one calling the shots and giving the tour, now will you stop!"

"Fine I was only trying to help." Laketon replies in a grunted voice.

Ash pokes her head in beyond the black steel door "report back here in one hour!"