Chapter 8: Ash

Ash jumps back onto her bed beginning to run through the course of her mind of the past two days. "Ash you found people who are special maybe even more powerful than yourself and you're the leader of them."

She sits up to scan her small wardrobe from her bed. She spots a pair of tall brown boots, a long sleeve pink turtle neck shirt and a pair of light blue jeans. "I guess I should change anyway." She changes her clothes then goes to brush her hair. "I need a trim too." Out of the corner of her eye something moves she quickly turns to see her brown chocolate lab shuffle in the corner. "Ollie what are you doing?" he doesn't move but slowly wags his typical chocolate lab tail.

"Ollie do you want to go meet the others?" He stands up in delight and shuffles towards Ash. She grabs his black leash and clips it on his collar next to a dog tag a small, silver square with cut off edges and a flier-delay in the center. I smile a little; "you are a leader's dog." Ash and Ollie walk to the training hanger where she sends a message to her partners, "Hey come meet up at the door."

Pyrah walks from the rock wall, joined by Scorch, Sparks, and Smokey. "Aww your dog is adorable!" Ash brings Ollie over to meet her partners, "This is Ollie he is a nut of a dog. Don't worry he will not bite you." Ollie wags his tail violently as he meets several new people. Pyrah kneels down to get tackled by a happy dog, while Sparks scratches his back, Scorch does the same, "I'm glad you guys like him he will be hanging out with us." Ash looks around to see if Blaze is anywhere in sight. "Where is our Quickie?"

Pyrah and Sparks look at each other, Smokey begins to turn invisible, Scorch places a hand behind her head and became the only one to answer" He uh sorta left Ash, he went to go test out his new powers." Ash crosser her arms "Oh! what are his powers?" Sparks stops petting Ollie, "teleportation, he makes small portals then uses them. How I know this is I have been tasked to monitor and sort everyone's powers into respectful categories." Ash scrunches her eyebrows Ollie leans on her leg, Ash places a hand on his head after his excitement of meeting everyone. "Alright what are everyone's powers? I need to have a training session with all of you."

Ash points at Sparks "I, am able to make anything into technology including people." Ash smiles and crosses her arms, "What an odd power I bet it will be very useful." Ash points at Pyrah "I have super strength nothing fancy." Then she points at Scorch "I have the uh power to heal anything living. Or that at least what my mentor told me." Ash nods her head, "and I know that Smokey can turn invisible." Ash begins to pace leaving him by Pyrah, Ollie begins to follow her but she tells him to stay. "You all have very wonderful powers that are useful. I believe that all of you will be able to use them at full capacity as soon as possible. Meet me at the Wrestling ring in ten minutes."

Ash takes Ollie on a walk through the area. She strolls to the edge of the safety barrier where an old gnarled oak tree sat. "Alright, Ollie here." She pulls a ball small tennis ball that she swiped from the tennis court earlier, Ollie jumps in delight at the sight of the squishy ball. "Go get it!" Ash throws it for Ollie to get his exercise. He lopes after the ball in half excitement and happiness.