Chapter 25: Plans Crumble

A rather bald man with an eyepatch gathers everyone's attention near the small orchestra playing on stage, "This is a great night to be gathered here under the grand rooftop today with all of you. Many know of me as the current C.E.O. of this company as Char Sirius. "

"Thank you for the dance Zenith." Ash moves away from Zenith with the keys to stand next to  Blaze and Scorch they all nod at each other as they listen to the bull-crap speech that the C.E.O.  Ash was worried she might loose some of her friends in this feat she couldn't stand to loose anymore of the ones she loved. "whatever happens tonight, Scorch, Blaze, just remember that I trust you guys with my life and I am honored to have you guys by my side." She whispers over to them in the crowd.

"Tonight S.T.E.P. Inc. is unveiling their newest technology, the all new quad core cell phone the Genius S4." Char pulls a silken style fabric off a pedestal to reveal a slimming phone. The people around the crew begin clapping and cheering, "This feat wouldn't have been accomplished without the many helping hands that put their effort into this piece of tech."  Ash knew exactly that they were talking about the ones that they kidnapped to physically put their powers into technology like that hunk of junk of a phone. 

The lights in the place turn out cutting all power, everyone gasps startled from what just happened. Ash motions at Scorch and Blaze, they move out of the mass of people and  head for the server room in where Sparks  and Smokey will be, she busts open the door and pulls off her highheels, "Smokey, weapons." 

Smokey places the small blue cube on the ground and it projects a holographic ensemble of everyone's weapons. Luminous, Freddy, and Pyrah arrive inside the room, "In and out guys."

Freddy drags in one of the guards he somehow managed to knock out. "Okay I am going to escort Ash, Pyrah and Luminous down to the basement. Blaze shrugs, "Since these two got the servers shut down doesn't that mean that we will be able to use our gifts?" Smokey deviously smiles, "Your right." Sparks begins typing on the computer that she kept alive in the power outage, "Guys the power outage won't hold much longer, you need to leave now!" Smokey pulls a silvery hankerchief out of her clutch and throws it over herself it expands and then contracts back to its original size to reveal Smokey in her H.Q.T.D.L.S. clothes, everyone looks at her " What? This is just one of the perks from my own group, we have James Bond style stuff after all, we were once called the Shadow-walkers, then someone changed it to the Silent."

Ash was relieved that somebody finally had somthing for her to change out of the heavy dress she was wearing. Smokey throws more of the hankerchiefs on everyone. ASh looks down to finds herself with some armor on her arms extending up to her shoulders , Tan button up shirt underplayed with a  wine-red tank top, grey bagy knee-length cargo shorts with her favorite pair of tan-combat boots. Everyone else was dressed similarly like her except they had  their own personal colors.  Ash grabs her meteorite staff out of the cube, "Sparks, think you can stay here and keep everyone at bay?"

"That is a can do." Sparks puts her gauntlets on both of her hands and wills the metal to pull back on her fingers so she could work her magic.

Freddy exits the room clad in full S.T.E.P. guard armor, "How can anybody see in these helmets?"  

Blaze kisses Scorch as if they were silently hoping to get out of this situation alive.  Ash knew how heavily guarded it was going to be tonight, it is crawling with guards and they were going to have to come out with guns blazing. 

Luminous and Scorch decide to stay as backup with Sparks incase they got over run with guards in the small room, Pyrah and Smokey head off to rescue the Silent ones out of the prison cells in the mid-lower basement. Who even knew that a place could have a three- floored  basement.

Freddy, Blaze and Ash make their way to where Rheum and Nuri were being heled. Ash silently hopes that the two heled up to all of S.T.E.P.'s tortures and haven't gone insane.  Ash sees a thick glass door with a biohazard sign on it saying keep out  Ash smacks her staff on the keypad and yanks some wires out opening the door. Ash hears the silvery keys jangling on her belt, she looks up to see some cameras. Freddy turns around as they were running to take out the cameras on the ceiling.  Ash stops at a door with a tank full of the familiar green liquid the same liquid that she saw herself floating  in 10 months ago. NO not again!  Blaze points up at the cell door on the end  "That the one, thats where your sisters are being heled." They run up towards the door to see a faint red glow radiating from the inside through the window. Freddy keeps a lookout behind Ash and Blaze as they unlock the door. Ash pulls out the keys they stole and unlocks the door, "For being one of the most advanced tech companies and they still use keys yet a keypad on the entry way door." 

"I wonder if I could teleport in there."

"Those rooms are the equivilant of the cells  in the particle accelerator in the Flash t.v. show to contain the meta-humans. Even with the power out, those cells will block you from coming out." Blaze crosses his arms, "Right." then he becomes distant.

Ash gets the door open and shoves her way in she sees Rheum slumped in a corner with her blonde hair over her face; While Nuri she was laying flat against the floor starting endlessly up at the ceiling. Ash could feel the effects of the room it began giving her a headache, "Rheum, Nuri."

"Ash, Blaze, Pyrah, Smokey. Get out! repeat Get out there is a mass of guards coming ya'lls directions." Sparks speaks into their earpieces. "I'll go stall them guys." Freddy runs down the hallway and around the corner, suddenly a shot is fired and a body of a hand appears on the floor of the adjacent hallway. "NOOOOO!" tears well up in Ash's eyes she knew exactly who that was. "Blaze get them home now!" Ash drags Rheum out of her dazed state and gets her onto her feet.  "Well, well, Well, look who we have here." A girl who looks exactly like as comes around the bend where Freddy fell.  

"We have a man down." Sparks speaks into their ears.  

Blaze grabs Nuri and slumps her over his shoulder. Ash gives a small amount of her energy to Rheum, "I love you sis." Blaze grabs her hand and dissapears leaving Ash by herself with the crazy girl she talks into her earpiece "I got my sisters."   
The lights come on as well as a siren and yellow flashing lights.  "We've got to get out of here. Ash tries to speak through her ear piece but she only hears static.

They've must've isolated our signals, c'mon Sparks please get it fixed.

Ash pulls out some sand from her pockets and throws it at the girl.  "This is for Freddy!" Ash notices the room lighten up from her anger. Thank goodness the jammer that keeps us from using our powers is offline still.  The girl throws some sort of disk at her Ash bats it away with her meteorite staff. 

The girl runs up and grabs Ash's staff and grins maliciously in her face. Ash fights her by twirling her staff to knock her off. "You will never take my staff."  Over the intercoms another voice talks. "Oh,  I guess you're struggling against yourself, you played right into my trap."  NO!

Ash got so angry it was hard for the girl to see, she knew she had the upper hand at this point. The girl throws a handful of disks, "I don't think so Ash!" Ash was able to parry away some of the disks but the rest of  them stuck to her chest arms, and legs. She tried to pull them off but they buried little prongs into her skin which hurt quite a lot.

Ash tries to ignore the pain when she notices the room darken around her Ash tries to create a large bubble with some stones and sand but fails when it withers away in her hands, "You see clever girl, these jam your gifts. Not so clever now huh?"  

Ash tried to yank one off but she could tell it would rip her skin with it. Ash throws her staff like a spear at the girl but she easily dodges the blow, "You will never win!" The girl taps on a screen on her arm Ash feels a searing pain go through her body like getting shocked by all wires on a multiple wired electric fence. Ash tries to fight it but she knows that it is useless at this point. Ash feels the cold hard surface known as the ground  against her body not strong enough to get back on her feet. She knew that she couldn't go out like this so Ash somehow pulls out the laser gun she picked up off one of the guards and aims it at the girl. As her vision ebbs away, Ash pulls the trigger not knowing where the blast would go or where it would hit the girl she had to find away. Everything becomes muffled for Ash when she hears a thump and some inaudible words being spoken and something that sounded like a second gunshot.  Ash couldn't hold on any longer,she fades out into unconscious.