Chapter 27: Scorch's Flame

Scorch runs down the hallway in which Ash would be, she had to get to her. She deploys an airborne paralyzing pathogen into her oncoming attackers making them stagger and cough. there is only so much of this I can do.
She runs over her attackers as they lay on the ground. This bracelet works so well.

Scorch stops at a T to see some blood streaks on the floor littered with bodies. They must've came this way...
Scorch chooses to go left where she comes across a broken glass door and a body with a gunshot to the center of the back, Scorch flips him over to see the face of Freddy, Scorch hears some voices and pulls the person back by the foot towards her. She flips him over to see the face of Freddy, she holds back her sobs and gags as his blood oozes on her hands.

I cannot bring people back from the dead, I can only reverse my gift for one time a day, and I am not helpful right now... Scorch listens to the barely audible conversation. That must be the bad guy Ash is facing down with.
She then hears a gunshot, Scorch slings out her pistol on her right side and fires at the opponent hovering over Ash.
The girl drops onto her knees and grabs her shoulder, "That, was a mistake." She mutters at Scorch.

"You hurt my family, killed my brother and you have destroyed society as I knew it I am tired of all this bullcrap! I-I want to go back to a normal life, but I cannot do that as long as your around, hurting people and making them go missing!"

The girl turns around looking stunningly exactly like Ash with a crazed villainous smile. Scorch waits for her make a move. I'm Soot's sister, backup is on their way to this location so to leave is your wisest move right now."

Scorch looks down at her bloodstained hands and wipes it on a medical rag she had in her pocket, "I will not leave Ash or anybody behind as long as I'm standing."
The girl smirks, and picks up Ash by her hair and places her against the wall. Ash groans in pain.

Scorch connects with the girl's fist in a flurry of punches, she tries to reach her pressure points but notices her armor blocks her from using them. "Silly girl you try pressure points on me, my armor is too thick for that."
The girl catches her with a knife across the face, Scorch quickly regenerates back to normal.

"Enough talk tramp." Scorch spits out some blood from the punch to the face.

Scorch punches so hard she feels her arm bones fracture as the girl goes flying to the back-cell door. Scorch runs up to the girl and disarms her and holds her in a choke hold, "who are you?!What do you want with Ash?!"
Scorch could sense she had something special to do with adrenaline right at this point. Like her healing powers use adrenaline to heal herself and others. She ignores the pain in her arm ebbing away as it repaired itself.
The girl tries to laugh but Scorch presses on her neck her harder, she sputters some words out. Then kicks Scorch in the gut. The room darkens as if she was Scorch staggers backward as the girl falls to the floor holding her trachea sputtering.

Scorch doesn't give her time to react, she grabs the girl by the hair and throws her in an undamaged cell.

Scorch looks at her watch, only a few minutes before the guards show up.
She pulls Ash onto her shoulders like a potato sack, Ash tries to say something, but it was too discombobulated for Scorch to understand. Shit we're in the thick of this mess.

Blaze appears in front of Scorch, "Oh thank goodness you showed up."

Blaze shrugs his shoulders, "need me to carry her?" As if lightning struck Blaze yells, "Lookout!" The girl somehow got out and shoots a laser blast at Scorch. Blaze tries to push Scorch out of the way but doesn't reach her in time.
Scorch looks down at her abdomen and sees blood well through her armor, that one wasn't a bullet it was a concentrated bolt of plasma which cauterizes skin in turn causing nothing to regenerate. Scorch puts the last of her energy in trying to heal the wound. I am going to die from this.
Scorch sets Ash down on the floor.

Scorch places her hand on it and takes a step she drops to her knees and grits her teeth in pain, Blaze disappears for a second to attack the girl. Scorch knew she was losing blood too fast to heal. Some healer I am...

He couldn't believe what this girl did to the love of his life. He whips her around letting pure rage take him. She tries to fight back but Blaze is too quick for her. Blaze disarms her and puts an insane asylum jacket on her then throws her in a cell that once again was not broken.