Chapter 10: Eternal Sleep

Aphmau's POV - One Week Later

"I'm sorry ma'am, visiting hours are over."

"Please! I'll just be five minutes!"

"Okay, but make it quick."

"Thank you so much!"

Grabbing my purse, I quickly walked down the hallway. 312... 313... 314! I gently pushed open the door and breathed in deeply. 

"Hey, Katelyn," I chuckled weakly. I walked into the room where Katelyn was laying, hooked up to multiple tubes and machinery. I sat down on a chair and leaned forward. 

"I would have visited earlier but Kawaii~Chan wouldn't let me got until she gave me every single cookie she baked, so here... I brought you three dozen chocolate chip cookies," I smiled feebly pulling out a large box of cookies form my purse. I set them on the bedside table before looking out the window. The stars twinkled dimly as the full moon shone through the city lights. 

I turned back to look at Katelyn sighing. Slowly, my eyes drifted up, dreading what I'd see. My eyes finally landed on a clipboard hanging on the wall. I read the clipboard, immediately regretting it. 

Finally, I just collapsed into the chair and buried my head in my hands. The words echoed throughout my head, making me shiver despite it not being cold.

COMATOSE

***

"I'm back," I called out. Kawaii~Chan walked out from the kitchen and smiled. 

"Kawaii~Chan made some dinner," Kawaii~Chan said taking my coat. 

"No thanks. I'm not really hungry," I muttered walking up the staircase. 

"O-Okay. Kawaii~Chan will leave some out for you just in case,"Kawaii~Chan sighed before I closed the door. Flopping onto my bed, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket eagerly only to realize it was only Laurence. 

Laurence: How'd it go?

Aphmau: Fine.

Laurence: Have the doctors said anything about her condition?

Aphmau: No. Vitals are normal. Everything's normal. She's just not waking up...

Laurence: She'll wake up. She's Katelyn!

Aphmau: I should have done more to help!

Laurence: Don't be too hard on yourself. There was absolutely nothing you could do. 

Aphmau: I was the one who told her she should visit Luke's grave! I feel awful...

Laurence: Do you want to talk about it?

Aphmau: .......

Laurence: Fine, just get some sleep. KC says you've been tossing and turning in your sleep. 

He's not wrong. For the past couple of days, I've been getting these... dreams. Although I really wouldn't call them dreams. They feel so real that the first time I woke up I thought I was still in a dream. They usually start the same. I'm standing in a field when all of a sudden the sky darkens. This is when things go either one of two ways.

Sometimes I'll hear a mysterious man laughing and everything goes away. Other times I'm not so lucky. Instead, everything keeps on getting darker and darker until I'm in a void. A white light will then appear far away. Or rather it looks far away. Depth perception is not really prominent in a dark void. 

Anyway, I do what every human would do: I go towards the light. When I reach the light nothing spectacular happens so I assume nothings going to happen. I don't think I could be any more wrong. 

I reach out and grab the light, clutching it tightly in my fist. The next thing I know, there's a dim flash and all of the blackness fades away. With a dull 'thud', I land in the grass and looking around I discover that I'm at the Hall. Yes, you heard me. The Hall. 

But wait! Let's make this seemingly peacefully dream a nightmare!

All around me are the corpses of everyone. I mean everyone. All of my friends from MyStreet and from my superhero days. Just a bunch of dead corpses, battered, bloody, and bruised. To be completely honest I almost threw up in the dream. After that, my mind showed me some mercy and I wake up. 

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Let's get back to real time. 

I tossed my phone to the side and rubbed my eyes. Not bothering to change, I crawled underneath the sheets. I closed my eyes and sleep instantly washed over me. 

***

Wh- Where am I?

I  took a cautious step forward and looked around. I appeared to be in a library of sorts. There were tons of bookshelves and a fireplace roared in the back. "Hello?"

"Hello, dear niece," a voice answered back. That voice... It can't be! I whipped around and confirmed my fears. 

"Loki," I growled. My uncle twirled his staff absent mindlessly while he inspected me. 

"You've grown," Loki commented with a devilish smirk. My scowled deepened. 

"What do you want? You haven't talked to me in five years, obviously you want something," I crossed my arms as Loki began to laugh. 

"Clever little girl. You are correct in your assumptions. I do want something but I believe that you want something more," Loki replied mysteriously. Caught off guard, I raised my eyebrow. What could Loki possibly have that I want?

Loki reached into his cloak and pulled out a small vial filled with a sickly green liquid. 

"What is that? Poison?" I asked.

"Oh come now. You really don't trust your uncle that much. I'm hurt, really," Loki mocked. "No, this is a cure for your little coma friend. That amount of drug in her system has put her in a coma but eventually, she'll wear out and boom! One less friend."

"A cure?" I muttered. 

"Yes and I'll give it to you, only if you give me something in return."

"And what is that?"

"Your loyalty."

***

How was that? I dunno, I thought it was weird but oh well. 

As you could tell.... ahem.... PLOT PROGRESSION!!!

XD Yup, this is a major part of the plot. ;3 So prepare your butts cause some serious stuff is about to go down! (Maybe not for another couple chapters BUT SOON)

BYE MY LITTLE BRICKS!!!