Chapter 15: Lethal Warnings

(From now on everything will be in Aph's POV)

I've been knocked out before, obviously, it's practically part of a superheroes' job description but the way I was knocked out by Loki was immensely different. Instead of wanting to wake up as swiftly as possible, I never wanted to wake up. All of my body was just in pure bliss, a warm feeling constantly hanging over me like I was reading a book by the fire.

Sadly all good things must come to an end.

I woke up slowly and groggily, unsure of where I was. Inspecting my surroundings, I learned that I was in the same room as the last time I had a dream with Loki in it. The main difference was that I was tied to a chair. Rather tightly at that. The rope pinched my skin, making moving slightly painful.

"Good morning niece, or I should say evening," a malicious voice laughed. I looked around frantically, suddenly scared.

"Aw, don't be scared Aphmau or should I call you Jess?" Loki mocked. I struggled against the ropes despite the burning sting.

"What do you want Loki?" I snapped.

"You remember our last conversation, don't you? You know what I want but what I have recently noticed is that you are trying to make me look like a fool. I'll have you know you will never find a cure for your friend. To enforce this I have decided to move the due date. You now have two days to give me your loyalty. Two days."

T-Two days? How am I supposed to make a cure in two days?! (I think that's the point -3-)

"I can see your distress, niece. My advice for you is to get stressed (props to whoever gets that) and choose quickly. Your friend is running out of time. Fast." and with that Loki disappeared in a puff of smoke. When the smoke cleared, a white light flash brightly and loud sirens wailed.

My eyes cracked opened to see the roof of an ambulance. I looked over to see Ross biting his fingernail.

"Ross," I croaked. Ross' head snapped down to look at me and relief flooded his face. "Ross, wh-what's going--." I was interrupted by a fit of coughing.

"Shh, don't strain yourself. You passed out or something then you began having what looked like a seizure. I called the ambulance. You're gonna be fine," Ross explained. I nodded, or at least tried. It more or less felt like my head was lolling on the gurney. (Ha, gurney.)

The ambulance continued to drive to the hospital. Somewhere in between I fell asleep which felt like heaven since I was coughing uncontrollably. The next time I woke up I was in the hospital.

"-- worried about her."

"The doctors don't even know how this happened to her. The brain scans came back completely healthy. Better than healthy, in fact."

"I'm confused on how she got those cuts on her. What in the world could she have done to get those?"

"What confuses me is why she was at that one guy's house, Ross was it?"

"I guess we'll have to wait till she wakes up."

At this point I was too tired and aching to worry. I almost fell asleep again when somebody knocked on the door. I figured it'd be better if I continued to fake sleep so I didn't move when a new voice entered the conversation.

"Jess, I ought to slap you when you wake up!"

"Max! Quiet!" another voice hissed. The two new voices continued to bicker back and forth when another voice, again, spoke up.