Chapter 12: Risky Chances

Aphmau's POV

"Good evening Aphmau~Senpai. Kawaii~Chan didn't feel like cooking dinner so she ordered a pizza instead!" Kawaii~Chan greeted when I walked through the door. I dropped my purse and flopped onto the couch. I don't think I ever worked that hard in my entire life. Kawaii~Chan apparently noticed my distress and threw a blanket over me. 

"Aphmau~Senpai looks like she needs some rest. Kawaii~Chan will let Aphmau~Senpai know when the pizza's here," Kawaii~Chan whispered turning of the lights. I mumbled gratefully and snuggled deeper into the couch, sleep consuming me. I didn't get much done, or anything for that matter. Without a sample of Katelyn's blood I can't figure out what's wrong. The most productive thing I did today was probably conclude I couldn't do anything until I got the sample. 

None of that really mattered for now. I still had two weeks to find a cure. Gah, but I still need a blood sample. What to do, what to do. I could break in but wouldn't it be simpler to just walk in normally. I don't think security would let me waltz in with a syringe to steal some blood from a patient, even if my intentions were good. Ugh, I don't think I can think anymore. 

***

"Aphmau~Senpai, the pizza's here," a very soft voice whispered. My eyes cracked open and were greeted by the smiling face of Kawaii~Chan. I groaned and snuggled deeper into the couch. Sighing, Kawaii~Chan grabbed the blanket and in one smooth blanket yanked it off. Kawaii~Chan!

"Okay, I'm up!" I exclaimed. Behind me I could hear faint snickering. My head snapped around and I scowled only to realize it was the pizza man. I don't think I could have turned any redder. 

"Kawaii~Chan! Why didn't you tell me he was standing there?" I hissed hastily fixing my frizzy hair. 

"Kawaii~Chan did tell you the pizza was here, didn't she? Anyway, Kawaii~Chan only has a five, could Aphmau~Senpai pay for the rest?" Kawaii~Chan asked tilting her head in a way that only a cold-hearted killer could resist. Rolling my eyes, I climbed over the back of the couch and fell to the ground. I scrambled to my feet and searching through my purse, I pulled out a five. The pizza guy took it and gave me the pizza. 

"Thanks," I smiled closing the door. The smell of the pizza made me realize how hungry I was. I'm pretty sure I ate three slices before Kawaii~Chan told me to slow down. By the time I finished my dinner I was completely knackered but while I was eating a plan formed in my head. I think I new how to get some of Katelyn's blood but I don't like it one bit.

"I'm gonna go to bed now. Goodnight," I stood up and without waiting for a response, walked upstairs and flopped onto my bed. A few minutes passed before I actually feel asleep. I had a very strange dream. I was still with the Fe-- others, and we were fighting Loki  when we all turned in My Little Horsie characters. Weird. 

When I woke up, it was about midnight, way past visitation hours. Groaning, I stood up rubbing my eyes. If I was seriously going to do this I must be really asinine or really brave. I walked to my closet and threw aside everything else and in the back was a skin-tight black suit. Without a second thought, I grabbed the suit and slipped it on. The nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I checked every strap and surprisingly everything fit like it did five years ago. Satisfied, I pulled out a box that was hidden under the suit. Outside, Kawaii~Chan sneezed and my heart almost stopped. Once I was sure everything was silent again, I opened the box and grabbed out a few necessities. Grappling hook, bo staff, mask, ect. 

I constantly kept checking the clock to make sure I wasn't going to miss my time slot. If I was even a minute late I could risk getting spotted. 

***

1:43

Two more minutes. If my research was correct, nurses usually check on patients every half hour. The only thing that was a major threat was if a patient called for a nurse. I bit my lower lip. The odds of that happening were to high for my comfort but I guess since these people are sick or injured they need all the comfort they can get. 

1:44

Gah! The suspense is killing me! My thoughts hitched when I saw a doctor rush by through the window. I continued to stay silent for another minute when stuff went down. 

I whipped out the grappling hook and aimed at the seventh floor. I pulled the trigger and the hook rocketed out of gun. It flew through the air until it latched onto a ledge. Making sure everything was secure, I pulled the trigger again and my body was jerked into the air. With the wind whipping past me and all of the adrenaline coursing through me, it felt like I was a hero again. 

I finally reached the wall where I climbed onto the ledge. Aiming the gun again, I fired it at the spot where I was before. A line of rope trailed from the window and bushes. Just in case I need a quick get away. 

Turning around as quietly as I could, I opened the window and slid inside the building. Instantly I dove behind a potted plant when the voices of two nurse scared me. They rushed around the corner before walking into a patients room. Releasing the breath I was holding, I stood up and began running to Katelyn's door when I heard another voice. 

I frantically looked around for a place to hide. I can't go back to the bush, the nurse would defiantly see me. I just can't go into any random door either. Heh, I wonder what the patient would think? Ah! There's a random person in my room!

Agh! Stop it brain! My head snapped to and fro until the craziest idea I've had in a long time punched my brain. Without a second to lose to jumped up as high as I could and my hands and feet shot out keeping me from falling. 

Just in time to because the nurse rounded to corner. Due to my excellent luck the nurse walked straight to the door under me. By this time my core was beginning to sting along with my arms and legs. Why couldn't I have hit the gym more often? Beads of sweat rolled down my face gathering on my nose. I tried to refrain from making any noises but the pressure was just to much and a grunt slipped out. 

The nurse paused, her hand half-way to the handle. Crap. The nurse looked all around trying to spot the noise. Don't look up, whatever you do don't look up. Just walk into the room and forget about it. Do not look up. Please. Please. Please... 

She looked up. 

____________________________________

I did it! It a while but I did it! This was actually a bit longer than I anticipated but hey, the more for you guys! I hope y'all liked this chapter. I thought it spiced things up a bit but ooooOOoOoOoooOo! What's the nurse going to do when she see's little ole Black Canary hiding on the ceiling? The suspense!

Anyway,

BYE MY LITTLE BRICKS!!!