Chapter One

Zachary Ross was the name of the CEO she worked for and Zr was what the company was called. It felt with everything, from shipping to production. It was functional, and flourishing.

It had been amazing that Imani had been able to snag this kind of job from her intern days to now a full working employee. She counted her blessings everyday and every time she walked into the 20 feet tall office building belonging to its CEO, her breath always cut in awe because the building was massive, huge, shiny and smelt like money each time she stepped into it, and Imani like shiny things, so.

Her job in this company was assistant to the CMO. Chief Marketing Officer.

Toni Lloyd was a man of about 40? 50? Imani some times confused of Toni's age because he spotted a pot belly and had grey hair. He was also a disgusting old man--because old to Imani's twenty-five years was from thirty-five--due to the amount of young ladies, even younger than Imani's age that he had in his office from varying times of the day till night time.

Even now as she walked to her desk that was discreetly in front of the CMO's office, the area was surrounded by pounding noise of obviously sëx going behind the door. The CEO had planned the doors to high ranking officials like Toni to not have soundproof doors--just because. Some times it was easy so Imani would know when to steer clear from Toni's office while he was having a round of his fückery and also disturbing when this fückery was going on.

Right now, Imani couldn't help but begrudgingly sit on the chair facing her desk due to the heap of paperwork piled on her desk by the man behind the office door. Usually when he was "busy," she immediately left this area and busied herself with something else but right now, due to the fact that this was going in, she was forced to have this as soundtrack while she sorted out the humongous load on her desk.

Kill me now.

Squishing her ass on the seat, she dropped her bag on the floor beside her and rolled her eyes at the grunts and moans form behind her hissing. This was definitely not going to work out. She needed something, music! Yes, loud music that was going to block out this.

As usual, she always carried earphones with her because really she couldn't do without it and she always felt she was going to need it, even when she was going to work, she always put in her bag. And now, the dear thing had come to use.

Untangling the mess it had become from where it had haphazardly been thrown into her bag this morning, she also brought out her iPhone unlocking it while still untangling her earphones. Just as she finished with the mess, she had already navigated to the music app and clicked "Beauty behind the madness " album sung by the Weeknd. Plugging it in, she increased the volume to the highest and began to do her work, mumbling lyrics as she did.

2 albums later and almost done with the task, she was startled when she saw a wave of motion in front of her and someone tapping her, more like slapping her on her shoulders impatiently. Stunned because loud music in her ear and that a person had snuck up on her not knowing, she raised up her head, wide-eyed at the person.

Only to find her boss, Toni looking like he had just finished having sex obviously which he has due to the open buttons on his shirt, escaped from his pants and his tie was nowhere on his pudgy neck.

"Miss Davis!" he screamed at her just as she yanked the earphones from her ear scrambling to stand up and in her haste, banged her knee against her desk as she stood. Trying to not allow the string of curses about to erupt from her mouth pour out, she clamped her lips into a thin line as she looked at him, innocent like.

His sneer was ugly on his red face as he waved his fist in her face sweat dripping from his face. "Miss Davis, what do you think you're doing?"

"Sir, I was just about—"