Chapter Thirteen

"L-love," she stammered at him as he smiled a mega watts smile at her.

He's so good looking. She was internally smiling back at him and she tried very much to caution herself from letting it show. This was Zachary, her boss and she had fallen on him. And not in the figuratively way.

Even though -

No. There was no even though.

Oh God. She was big, he must be suffocating but why was he still smiling at her?

Okay, she figured that his lips has been stretched too long on his face to be gas and this baffled her. So disconcerted she was that she could only look at him confused. His green eyes were twinkling, watching her. Why didn't he look mad? Why wasn't he making a move to get out from under her? Was he that floored from her weight?

From her side eye, she could slowly see that he was raising up his right hands. Automatically, that made her brace herself for a hit or a shove, something she sensed was coming next. She was too big and was sure it had hurt him for her to have push  him by to the ground. Even though he was a big man, she knew she had a lot of weight. It must have hurt his ego.

Slowly - this really was not the time for a slow motion move - he continued to raise his hands, gradually it came closer to her face. Instinctively, she began to close her eyes until abruptly, she caught that his fingers passed her face and went to his hair. His dark, very wet hair that had fallen to his eyes and he now had his fingers pushing it away.  Eyes wide, it immediately hit her that he was wet.

Very wet.

Wait a minute, could you say somebody was wet this way? It didn't sound right in this context. She could feel the water droplets on his skin soaking through her shirt and only now did she realize that he had just gotten out of the shower and was very shirtless. It was his naked chest to her shirt covered chest.

Scrambling, she began to try to stand up because this was a very compromising position and in as much as she liked the feeling of his naked chest against her, this was not appropriate at all and she was starting to feel something hard poke her stomach. Whatever that was and she hoped it wasn't what she was thinking it was. Because that would definitely make things even more awkward than it already is.

"Easy, easy." He chuckled. Great, he was laughing at her misery. Wasn't this very awesome. She had come here and even dressed in a professional manner so she and him could iron out their issue but it seems like she only succeeded in making fun of herself. Just splendid.

"Sorry," she muttered. "I can be so clumsy at times."

"You don't say," he said still smiling. At his words, her world froze.

Imani shot an horrified look at him, her lips wobbling. He didn't have to be so cruel about that!

When he saw the heartbroken look on her face, panic flashed through his eyes. "Shit. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry."

She couldn't help it. What he was saying was doing nothing to quell her fight against the tears gathering on her eyelids. If anything, she wanted to burst.

"I mean, I thought - I could - it was a joke!"

"Oh, like that is so much better." She threw her hands in the air, rolling her eyes at his attitude. Did she have a right to be angry? She didn't even care. She was allowed to feel and right now she was angry at him.

How dare he!

"Imani, I'm sorry. I guess it was too early to joke about things like that."

"Things?" She scoffed at him. "You mean like my body - my weight. Oh yes I know. I'm fat!" She spat the words at him, her eyes flashing like a raging wind. "I get that a lot from everyone else. It's just quite disappointing for it to come from you."