Chapter Fifteen

His phone was going off like crazy, until finally his assistant had called to remind him about his meeting so He had to go back to the office after their little 'arrangement'. If that was the right word to call it. She still didn't know what the correct term was to use for it. She also had to go home to pack, and he offered to drive her home. She didn't refuse as she was almost at wits end at how her life was spiraling into a mess.

She had to pack. How exactly did one person begin to pack seven years worth of memorabilia in half a day? She had no idea but she was going to find out.

It was a twenty minutes journey and after she gave him her address, he keyed it into his car's GPS and began to follow its directions. She didn't say anything to him - and allowed her mind roam as the car's radio provided background noise for the jumbled mess that was going on in her head.

She was thinking of the first thing to do. When she got home, she first had to let her parents know that she was moving - not only moving at that, she was getting married!

Oh God.

Her parents currently lived in Hawaii, not being able to take their only girl moving away from them, they decided to go one of those long cruises that toured the world. After a few fun-filled months, they got to the stop at Hawaii, and their heart were taken by the sunshine and sea and so they stayed. And they were much more happy and constantly always after her to come visit. Imani always said she would and had even begun to schedule her annual leave for a later time in the year and now she had no idea if she could go.

And then there was that she had to notify her landlord about terminating the lease. It had been stated in her contract that she was to give him 30 days notice as week as find a new tenant or pay the cost of advertising the unit. She knew she was going to be forced to pay for the load of inconvenience. There was also the fact that she had to call a moving company as soon as possible. Screw her life.

She involuntarily let out a groan.

Zachary had been watching Imani, it was as much as he could without losing control of his focus on the road and without her noticing, too much. He could see the worry etched on her beautiful face and knew she was calculating about a billion things in that pretty head of hers. He smiled at how cute she was being.

It was when she made the frustrated noise that he knew he had to interrupt her.

"Hey," he said, smiling at her. She caught his gaze and ran her hands through her loose curls.

She shook her head, as if trying to chase the thoughts away. "Hi." She answered looking out of the window again.

He reduced the volume of the radio that was blasting out pop tunes. "What are you thinking so hard for?" He asked wanting her to share. He didn't like her worrying too much, this much.

"What did you say?" She said, she had been lost in thought and hadn't heard what he said.

"What's bothering you?" Then when his question registered in her head, she sighed.

"It's everything. I have so many things to do right now and I have no idea where to start from, plus I'm still bewildered by this 'situation.'" She shrugged.

"Do you need help?" He asked. If she said 'yes', he would stop everything he had to do and fulfill whatever she need him do- which was meeting with a potential client to try and get her invest in his company - but that he could arrange for someone else to do.

"Help," she echoed. He had now stopped at a red light. They were just a few minutes away from her house and he could look at her now without being at risk. He watched as her brown eyed gaze found him and searched his. "I'm fine." She said and turned back to look out the window as if that was the end of the conversation they were having.