Chapter Five

Here she was, minutes later sitting in a booth of a café of red white and black theme. The café was bustling with life of the various people entering and leaving. It was one of those high end café that contained men and women in suits, those having a work lunch meeting and those out with colleagues before they had to get back to work and she was sat across from Zachary Ross; his green eyes watching her every move. She was starting to get awkward because the eye contact was getting too much and he looked like a wolf about to devour his prey, the hungry gaze was so sexy it was making her uncomfortable.

"Coffee?" he suddenly broke the silence.

"Uh?" Imani stuttered. What an abrupt change from his gaze which he still had on her. She almost could feel the hard pebble of her nipple in her bra as she shivered uncontrollably. She felt...naughty. Did he even feel the same way?

same way how?

She didn't know herself. She knew she was attracted to this man. Hell, what other straight women with the right number of hormones wouldn't be? He was a sexy dominant and the way he carried himself and demanded response from everybody was enough for her senses to go haywire and scream one thing,

Mine.

But she had to remember he was engaged and even though he wasn't sporting a ring, everybody knew the boss was off limits so what was it with her treacherous response to the way he smelt...fuvk. she was in deep.

"Imani, coffee?" she jolted back to life.

"Um-sorry, no. I don't like coffee. I prefer tea instead or just water is fine." when did it suddenly get so hot. Didn't she feel the cool breeze of the air con working when she entered this coffee shop? Whew she looked around fanning herself with her hands.

"What?!" Zach coughed, disbelief etched in his face.

"You don't like coffee??" he asked his tone tainted with disbelief.

"Nope. The shït is so bitter and-no, thank you."

"Wow," he said leaning back against watching her, his arms crossed on his chest. Imani's eyes couldn't help but watching his buff arms. He had rolled his sleeves up and now the bare skin was there for her to drool at.

She really needed help.

"There's nothing really to be surprised about. But you being a perfect stereotype, lemme guess, you like your coffee black with no sugar?"

He smiled and if she said they did not just make her lose her shit and completely forget the reason why she was living and why it didn't revolve around this god. Because his smile totally disarmed her and fuvk was that a dimple? How had she never noticed it before?

A curl from his gelled hair escaped and was now caressing the side of one of his eyes. It seemed like he hadn't noticed because he still was looking at her and wasn't making a move to brush it out, she was so tempted to and so she kept staring at it and over and over and over again.

"Something interesting on my face?"

She didn't answer him and before she knew it, a redhead male server was beside her dropping orange juice by her side and grilled cheese while a mug of steaming hot coffee was placed by Zach's side.

"Bon appétit,"

---------

She woke up with a blinding headache and a parched throat, so dry it scratched. "Water," she croaked even though she knew no one was in the house and definitely no one would answer so she was stuck alone as it was.

So begrudgingly, she opened her eyes to meet darkness and darkness had never been so blinding. Closing it back again and this time readying herself for the darkness again, she opened her eyes and this time was stunned when she was rewarded with green eyes and the flick of a switch.

"You're awake," was all he said, leaving Imani stunned in more ways than one as he handed her the glass of water she desperately needs.

"Drink up," he ordered which she did and as she gulped down the warm water, she wondered why he was shirtless and how many strangely beautiful tattoos adorned his tanned chest.

"Good," he said when she had finished every last drop of the water and had wiped her lips with the back of her hands to clean off escaped water. Very unladylike, but she wasn't exactly in the right frame to care.

"Then let's talk." and something about the ominous way he said it made her want to crawl into a hole and never get out.

She was scared at the hard set of his jaw that was sporting his beard growing and the stoniness in his eyes was so icy. What happened?

"Tell me why the fvck we are wearing matching rings and why I woke up in this cheap hotel room next to your naked body?"

Oh

FVCK.

I finally updated, after a billion light years 😀
Do tell me what you think. 😘I'm sorry my writing was rusty due to the fact I haven't written in like weeks now and sorry it's so short ♡♡