The Heart of the Truest Believer

It's been a rough four days, Anne calculated the next morning...and so much has happened. It felt longer then just four days to Anne, maybe because many of those four nights had been long. Indeed Anne was exhausted but felt better then when she came to Neverland, maybe because she's made progress since then. It was only a little progress but Anne was ready to take risks when she left her tent. Henry sat by himself by a tree and she went over and welcomed him into the morning. "Hey, Henry," she spoke lightly and came sitting down next to him.

He instantly felt alarmed because Pan had told him Anne was his and he didn't want to interfere with that. But he must've felt rude to not answer Anne because he did, avoiding her eyes.
        "Uh...hey," he spoke nervously.
        "Pan's told me you're here to save magic. Sounds like quite the responsibility if you ask me."
        "Sure...I guess."
        "I don't know if Pan has told you but my names Anna," and she held out her hand.
        "Uh--I know," Henry answered nervously and noticing her hand, then taking it stiffly still unable to met her eyes.
        "I think you can do it," Anne suddenly mentioned.
        "Do what?" Asked Henry finally looking at Anne but hardly with both eyes.
        "Save magic..." she answered simply. "I don't know if you know anything about Felix, but he's my older brother," she added. Henry looked at her finally.
        "Felix?"
        "Oh yeah, but don't worry, I'm not nearly as obnoxious," Anne played. Henry tried to hold back a smile.
        "Did you come to Neverland to see him again?" Henry suddenly asked. Anne was hesitant to answer. But Henry was obviously Pan's victim alongside of her so she spoke almost carelessly.
        "Partially...but to be a lost girl too," she partially lied.
        "In the story," Henry brought up, "Peter Pan had only lost boys then he met Wendy Darling. She became his first lost girl." Anne smiled.
        "Certainly," Anne agreed knowing the story. "I wonder why she isn't here now." Henry shrugged. "Sometimes," Anne started, "we think we know a story but then we find ourselves standing corrected. Much rather sitting...in this case," Anne played. "Do you miss your family?" She suddenly asked.
        "Yeah. But I'll see them again. Pan said so...right after I save magic." Anne nodded but knew how well Pan had Henry wrapped around his finger. "What about you, do you miss yours?"
        "Well, you see...I've only had Felix. My parents abandoned us and we were put in an orphanage. A lady named Lily took us in," Anne spoke being part-way honest but Pan could be around listening so she had to choose her words carefully.
        "I'm sorry," Henry said. Anne smiled in appreciation.
        "It's quite alright," she said. "You've got a big family...I've seen them."
        "Kinda," Henry answered.
        "And two mothers?" Anne wondered.
        "Well, my birth mom is blonde, her names Emma. Regina, the lady with the black hair is my adoptive mother."
        "Oh," Anne understood. "Do you have any siblings?" she asked. Henry shook his head quickly.
        "No," Henry said plainly looking down unsure what to say next. "Did they ask about me?" He suddenly hoped.
        "Well they certainly want you back, that's for sure," Anne answered honestly.
        "Pan said they would. But they don't understand, not yet at least," Henry thought. Anne wasn't sure whether to feel sympathy for Henry only because she didn't know much about this whole saving magic idea. And Pan was evil, she knew that. She just hoped this was no trick...getting Henry to save magic. It was nothing to have second thoughts on when Anne allowed herself to wonder about the situation, and she certainly planned to find more about it. Where she could start, she had no idea. Maybe she'd ask Pan--or ask him and be lied to. Maybe she could ask Felix...if she could get close enough to Felix without him telling her to practically beat it.

Maybe she'd try today. After all, she did feel like taking risks. "I don't scare you, do I?" Anne wondered to Henry suddenly.
        "Honestly?" Henry asked her.
        "Honestly," Anne urged.
        "Well...kind of--"
        "Don't be--"
        "It's just how you fought Pan that one day in the cave. It was clever...and scary," Henry said smiling lightly. Anne laughed a little.
        "I'd never fight you like that, not unless I had a reason," Anne played nudging Henry. He finally laughed.
        "Good." Anne nodded. "You've got to teach me how to fight like that sometime," Henry finally cracked. He was getting comfortable with Anne and she noticed this. She then smiled.
        "Definitely," she assured him. "Say...make time for me after you soon save magic?" Anne flattered him. Henry blushed.
        "I'll see what I can do," he teased playfully, forgetting Pan's warning finally. "Anna," Henry suddenly spoke.
        "Yeah?" She asked.
        "You're not like the lost boys. You're actually a lot nicer," Henry admitted. Anne blushed and laughed. 
        "I'd hope I was nice," she said.
        "You are," Henry assured her simply.

Moments passed before Anne finally spoke up again. "Henry?" she asked.
        "Yeah?"
        "You said you didn't have any siblings?" Henry nodded.
        "Yeah?"
        "Well now you do. Consider me your older sister." Henry smiled greatly at this. "And if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always come to me," she added honestly.
        "Thanks," Henry said.
        "Welcome," and she pat him on the back before bringing herself to a stand again. "See you around," she said to Henry. He nodded. 

Walking off, Anne nearly jumped from great success but instead contained herself and whispered, "Nailed it!"