The Last of Anne

"Well...what do you mean?" Anne asked as Benjamin inched closer to her. She tried to believe the best, that he wasn't tricking her.

        "Pan is going to get what he deserves," Benjamin started. Anne tried to relax but what was Benjamin going to give him? What did he think Pan deserved? "And you...aren't it," he finished. Anne's heart fell with relief. She couldn't help it but let out a huge breath that she had been holding.
        "What'd you do that for?!" she confronted. Benjamin's head tilted as if in confusion but he was clearly faking it.
        "I did nothing," he smirked.
        "Oh you know exactly what you did," Anne replied. The lost boy finally chuckled.
        "Your family..." Anne perked, "they're outside waiting for us.."
        "And Henry's?" Anne hoped.
        "They're all waiting. Henry won't be with them though, he's waiting on Hook's ship with his father, Baelfire." Anne smiled greatly.
        "You mean they actually came back for me?"
        "Well of course...you saved their son," Benjamin replied. Anne looked unsure just then. Benjamin noticed quickly then placed a comforting hand on her shoulder leaning down. "You're their hero," he paused, "Anna," he finished. Anne smiled once more but this time it was a slower smile, a proud smile. "Come," Benjamin spoke grabbing her elbow, "we must hurry," he rushed then he pulled her from off the cliff side and they escaped into the night time forest.

They made their way into a clearing. Anne spotted both her own and Henry's family waiting on her. Her mother cried out in absolute joy and brought Anne into a warming hug. "Oh Anna, darling...we've been so worried for you!" 
        "I'm alright, mother," Anne squeezed her mother tight. "I've been so scared for you too." They released one another just then. Anne's mother backed away and her father stepped up to hug her. He squeezed her heavily.
        "I'm so relieved to see you again," he told Anne making her smile.
        "Me too,"  she felt tears in her eyes.
They let go and Anne's heart melted at the sight of Felix's smiling face. "Felix," she cried running over and hugging her older brother. "I wanted to escape with that knife you gave me, I really did, but Pan, he took me away and I couldn't."
        "I know, it's alright. All that matters is that you are here now." Felix assured her.
Anne smiled once more then let her brother go. She looked at her well clothed, cleansed, armed, and fed parents.
        "We have to hurry," Regina spoke. 
        "Aye...and fast," Hook agreed, "before--"

"Pan gets back?" They heard a voice. Everyone knew whose it was. Anne's stomach clenched as she turned around. She met Pan's dark eyes and gasped. "Hello, Anna," he tilted his head.
        "Pan," Anne spoke as she stumbled into Felix.
        "You act so surprised," He replied.
        "It's too late," Regina hissed. Emma and her parents were lifting their swords. Anne's parents guarded her. 
        "Is it?" Pan spoke.
        "You aren't getting my son's heart," Regina replied.
        "Oh I don't want it...not anymore," Pan smiled darkly. 
        "What?" Emma breathed.
        "Anna...hand her over," Pan spoke, tense. 
        "Over my dead body!" Yelled Anne's father. Anne felt Felix grip the back of her shirt and pull her close.
        "That can be arranged," Pan replied. Anne gasped.
        "She doesn't want to go with you, Pan," spoke Felix boldly..."its all over, just let her go..."

Pan looked at Felix, "Now why would I do that?" 
        "You aren't getting her! Not without going through us!" Anne's mother spoke bravely and stepped in front of her family. The father joined her.
        "Is that so?" Pan laughed under his breath...his dark smile still on his lips. "Look at you two," he addressed Anne and Felix's parents, "all grown up now...thinking you're some heroes, protecting your children."
        "We have always protected them," The mother yelled.
        "Oh have you? And look where you all are now," Pan interjected.
        "Wait!" Anne drew everyone's attention. She tried to pull herself free from Felix's grip but he wouldn't let her go. "Felix," she whispered to her brother.
        "No Anne," he confirmed. Anne gave in and stopped fighting. She urged her parents to move. They wouldn't. 
        "Please," she begged. No one would listen. She finally yanked herself free. Felix held his breath. Anne moved through her parents. They tried to stop her. She managed. "I was right?" She whispered to Pan, looking at him with hope and with earnest. 
        "You were," he replied lifting his chin. He then leaned close. "Now come with me," he told her. "No one can stop us now if you just take my hand. I'll blink you away from here, Anna." He opened his hand for her to take. She nodded then turned to face her family. 
        "I can't go," she told them.
        "What does he want with you?" Regina asked.
        "We love each other. I can't keep denying that. I want to stay with Pan, I need him and he'll keep me safe." Of course Anne didn't mean what she said but she made a deal with Pan and now she had to stick to it and she had to convince her family she really wanted to stay with him.

        "You don't know what you're saying, Anne," Benjamin spoke up. 
        "Of course she doesn't, she's under a spell," Anne's mother replied angrily.
        "No, mother I'm not," Anne replied.
        "Anne, please, you don't know who you're dealing with," her father begged. 
        "Actually," Anne stood next to Pan, " I think I do... You heard me, Felix, at the echo caves. I've fallen for Pan..." 
        "You can't be serious," Regina retorted. 
        "I am."
        "No, you're lieing, Anna darling, I know you," her mother tried. Anne was taken aback.
        "Know me?" She spoke in disbelief. "You haven't known me since you walked out on me," Anne defended, angry.
        "Anne," her father spoke. She ignored him.
        "Anne, please--" her mother started but was cut off.
        "No! Don't tell me that! You can't say that!"
        "Anne, stop--" Felix spoke but was as well cut off.
        "No! I won't stand here and let that slide, Felix! We are in this mess because of our parents, don't tell me to act like everything has been okay--"
        "We left to protect you!" The mother defended.
        "Did you? Because to me it seems like you two were just cowards--" her parents flinched. 

Pan had a smooth and pleased grin on his face. "You know that's not true!" Felix defended their parents.
        "I think it is, Felix! You know why? Because you are JUST like father, and you left me because you couldn't handle how tough things got. And you didn't care about how I might feel--" tears sprung in Anne's eyes.
        "What--did he feed you these lies, Anne?!" her father spoke angrily, addressing to Pan as the he. "Look at him, he's smiling because this is exactly what he wants!"
        "Pan didn't tell me anything! In fact, I think he's the only one that actually ever cared about me...he'd never leave me..." she suddenly figured and just by hearing that, everything perplexed her. She didn't know if she wanted to leave Pan now, for real. Before, she was all for it. She got her brother, her parents and some new friends. But now...it was strange.
        "Anne, please, you aren't thinking," Felix beseeched.
        "No! Don't tell me what I'm doing! You wouldn't know! You left me too," she replied and her heart hurt. She loved her family but she was so confused.
        "Sweetheart," her mother cried trying to reach out and touch her. Anne pulled back.
        "No! Leave! I don't want this--you all--I can't--" Anne shook her head turning away, "it'd be a lie," she spoke. Pan wrapped his arms around her tight. She cried on his shoulder quietly.
        "You heard her. She wants to stay, now leave," Pan told them all. Regina was then taken aback.
        "Wait, are you kidding me?!" she snapped, angry. "We came all the way out here to rescue you and this is how you repay us?! By betraying us?!" Anne looked backed at Regina.
        "I'm not, Pan will leave you all alone. He promised he would--"
        "What?!" Emma stepped in. "You mean you had this planned?!"
        "Of course she didn't!" Pan defended holding Anne tighter.
        "Please, don't make this harder then it has to be," Anne told them. "Just go...Henry will be safe, and so will you all."
        "Anne, please--Pan is a manipulative little bastard, you know that!" Benjamin cried. 
        "You," Pan snapped loudly pointing to his disloyal lost boy, "have no right to speak!" he pushed, harshly. Anne could feel Pan's anger.
        "Yes he does," Regina stepped in, "and he's right!" she defended.
        "Enough!" Pan yelled.
        "You don't tell me when it's enough," Regina sneered, tense and through her teeth.
        "Regina," Emma stopped her, "let's just go. She wants to stay." Now, Emma wasn't sure about what she had just said only because it became impossible for her to tell whether or not Anne was lieing.
        "Emma's right," Snow suddenly stepped in. "If she wants to stay, let the girl stay."
        "No," Felix disagreed.
        "Why not?" Snow asked him. "Clearly she wants nothing to do with us, so why fight?"
        "That is our daughter," Anne's father confirmed in response to Snow's outrageous idea. 
        "Then let her go. Let her be happy--"
        "Happy?!" Anne's mother was thrown off.
        "I know it's hard, but she loves Pan, and if he promises to not harm us, or Henry--"
        "This isn't just about Henry!" the mother protested. "And she does not love him. He's tricked her into thinking she does, we know him better then all of you--"
        "Are you sure about that...dearie?" A voice erupted from behind the two families. Everyone turned to find Rumple just showing up and looking perfectly content.
        "Where the hell have you been?" Regina told Rumple, angry.
        "Places, dearie," he told her, "very special places..."
        "Tell Anne what you told us, Rumple," Emma urged. Anne suddenly grew more interested. Pan became nervous.
        "Not yet," Rumple spoke. "First...that," Rumple pointed to Benjamin, "isn't who you think.." Benjamin was what looked like, thrown off.
        "What?" he said, kind've tense and fearful. His teeth suddenly looked a little sharp.
        "Because you see..."
        "Don't you dare you wretched fool," Benjamin hissed, his voice suddenly sounding scratchy and demonic. Emma breathed in deeply.
        "What," she started to panic. Everyone backed up. Anne was looking at Benjamin with suspicion but Pan only smiled. He knew exactly what Rumple was talking about.
        "Ah ah," Rumple lifted a finger in caution, "Fool?" Rumple then looked back at everyone.
        "Benjamin?" Anne asked the lost boy.
        "Not quite, dearie" Rumple interjected. "That's not Benjamin."
        "Don't you do it you scum!" Benjamin snapped.
        "This is," Rumple suddenly waved his hand like he was taking off a cloak and before everyone's eyes, the real Benjamin appeared, scared and looking completely lost.
        "Anne?!" the real Benjamin panicked. "You're saved?!"

Suddenly just then, the other fake Benjamin ripped out of his human form turning into a shadow and flew up into the night. His glowing white eyes, everyone began to panic. Pan pulled Anne back then whipped out the lightening shaped dagger. He lunged for the floating shadow with the blade but missed and struck the ground.

Felix ran over to grab Anne when the shadow whirled around Pan and snatched her up from the ground. "No!!" Pan snapped as he pulled himself from off his knees.

He was running after the shadow as he flew further and further away. Anne was screaming for her life. Pan then leaped up to try and snatch her ankle but the shadow dashed up into the sky. Pan then fell to the ground. Looking up, he saw Anne's boots then fade into the night time clouds and the last thing Pan could hear was an ear splitting scream and his precious lost girl was gone. "Anna!!" Pan called his loudest.

He received nothing then the clouds cleared revealing an empty, deep blue, and starry sky.

A.N. THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY.