Breaking Cages

"What happened?!" Pan snapped out loud to himself as he paced around Anne's cage. The squid ink had obviously worn off by this point, and when it was too late for Pan.

        "Uh...well...Felix rescued Henry and his family, and my parents. They escaped--"

        "That's not what I meant!" Pan cut her off. 

Anne heard him pacing still. His breathing was harsh, angry..."How could I have been so clueless," he beat himself up.

        "I don't know," Anne responded like Pan was talking to her. He suddenly kicked her cage making her flinch and gasp.

        "It's your fault!" He spat. "You did this!" He continued. 

        "Yeah, yeah, everything is always my fault," Anne told him rolling her eyes remembering her last encounter with Benjamin.

        "I know what this is," Pan replied.

        "This?" The little Beastly girl questioned.

        "Us!" Pan answered, growling loudly. Anne flinched again. She then felt Pan grab the top of the cage angrily. "We're poison!" He yelled.

        "Poison? We? Pan there isn't an us," Anne told him. Pan took in a sharp breath.

        "Oh but of course there is," he said, calmer. "Now I know there is," he said. A second later and Pan was ripping some sticks off the top and front of Anne's cage so he could see her face some. He met her gaze. "You want to know how I found out you were plotting Henry's escape with his family?" He asked her.

        "The echo caves, I admitted it," she replied. Pan shook his head smiling.

        "I saw it in a dream that night you and Felix ran off. You were talking to Ariel, and I bet it's just wonderful she's alive again, isn't it?" He hissed. "Rumple cast a spell on your dreams didn't he? He protected them from me. Nothing could touch your precious dreams...no one could. But something broke that spell, little Anna and only one thing could break a spell as powerful as that one. You know what we are...what we have?"

        "We have nothing!" Anne snapped.

        "Even you know the difference between that answer and the truth," he replied.

        "We don't!" Anne cried.

        "We do," he told her darkly.

        "You're making it up!" the little Beastly girl denied.

        "Am I?" Pan asked her. Tears pricking her eyes now, she shook her head. "You even admitted it at the echo caves," he reminded her.

        "That doesn't mean we have--"

        "A connection? Of course it does." Anne went in to protest but stopped realizing Pan said connection rather then the four letter word.

        "What kind of connection?" she suddenly asked. Pan smiled.

        "Only one thing can break a spell...any spell, to be exact."

Anne was suddenly afraid again. "No," she denied.

        "Love," Pan finally said. Of course Anne wasn't going to agree.

        "You think what we have is love? You call it love when the other person feels forced to express emotion, when the only thing they want to do is escape? When the only thing they really truly feel is hatred?"